Zarry: Movie Night

Prompt:its a zarry they are acting like couples but they are not in a relationship .. not like friends with benefits not even kissing just cute and cuddly and adorable and caring and and and .. but then niall said "youll make an adorable couple " that made them grow apart and the rest of the band noticed but then they talked about it and fixed it with a kiss

I didn't follow the prompt exactly but this is kind of just what happened.

This one is dedicated to karmasucks because she's cowriting one of my FAVORITE Zarry stories right now "The Model" It's seriously so good. You should check it out :)

It was a Monday. The day that everything changed. Harry Styles remembers it clearly because it was a movie night so it HAD to be Monday. He and Zayn Malik always have movie nights on Monday.

They've been roommates for like, 6 months and honestly, it couldn't have been any better with anyone else. From the minute they met, they became best friend and nothing has changed so far. They have the same friends, go to the same parties and even have some of the same classes. Harry knows where to get the best weed on campus and Zayn always lets Harry borrow his quirky, hipster t-shirts. They're both creative types, Zayn likes to draw and Harry likes to write, and they're both gifted musically as well. But the biggest, most important facet to their relationship is their mutual affinity for cuddling and undeniable physical connecting.

No matter where they are or what they're doing, they're always touching each other. It's almost like gravity, at least, that's how their friend Liam Payne describes it. They can't be apart for more than an hour or two at a time and whenever they are in the same room their practically on top of one another. Which leads us to movie night. Which is on a Monday.

From the very beginning, Harry and Zayn always host movie night. It starts out as a bonding night for the two roommates, but expands to include Liam, Niall Horan and Louis Tomlinson as they begin to make newer friends. They all sit around and watch stupid movies and throw popcorn at each other and stay up way too late. This particular movie night is no different. At least until Louis gets there.

“I brought Toy Story!” Liam squeals as he perches himself on the love sac Zayn's mom bought for him before he left for Uni. Harry and Zayn are in their usual position, bodies tangled on Harry's tiny dorm bed, cuddled up as close as two people can possibly be under the bright green of Harry's duvet.

“No way, mate! I'm not watchin Toy Story again.” Niall complains from his spot on Zayn's bed. “Ya make us watch it once a month and I'm sick of it. Can't we watch a horror film instead?” Zayn peers down his nose at Harry, brushing some of the younger boys curly hair our of his big green eyes for him and rolls his eyes. Harry smiles back up at him, a throaty laugh emitting from pouty pink lips before flinging one of his throw pillows blindly at the two boys fighting across the room.

“Shut it, lads. Just pick something funny like Anchorman or something. Something we can all agree on.” He huffs before resting his head back on Zayn's chest, his favorite spot. And that's the exact minute that Louis burst through the door, arms thrown out dramatically and a smug smile tugging at his lips.

“I'm here now lads, no need to be worried. The party can officially begin.” He calls out like he's making some big announcement and Harry rolls his eyes at his friends dramatic entrance and sits up to tell him off for slamming the door into his desk, when he sees someone lurking behind Louis. Someone tall.

“Lou.... Who's that?” he asks curiously as Zayn sits up beside him, an unsatisfied groan sounding in the back of his throat from the loss of physical contact.

“This, my little darling Hazza, is Nicholas. He'll be joining us for the night. Hope that's alright with you lot.” Louis answers happily. The taller lad walks in the door, his face finally illuminated by the light of the telly and Harry can now see that not only is this Nicholas bloke tall, but he's also Louis and Harry's Philosophy professor.