Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Blade’s POV

            I’d heard rumors since lunch that Zane had a bruise under his left eye from a fight, but I’d brushed it off. They were just rumors…right? Well when I walked into the last class of the day, I suppose I should have prepared myself to see Zane with a bruise under his left eye.

            But instead I freaked out. “What the hell happened?!” I shouted the second he walked into the classroom, everyone turned to look at us. Zane blinked, looked at me like I was crazy.

            “What?” he asked. I narrowed my eyes at him, if he thought he was going to turn this on me somehow like he wasn’t the one with the black eye then he was dead wrong.

            “Your eye! Mr. Hayes can I please take Zane to the nurses office for some ice?” I asked, Mr. Hayes looked up at the commotion for the first time and when he saw it was me who asked immediately nodded.

            He was in my dad’s pack and of course would have agreed. “It’s fine, I’ve had this since lunch and haven’t needed ice.” Zane said simply as he sat down in his seat.

            “I don’t care, you are getting ice for it.” I snapped, reaching out to grab his arm and drag him to the nurses office. But suddenly he was out of his chair and five feet away from me, I blinked, staring at him in surprise.

            First off, how did he even do that? And second, I was hurt by the fact that he had moved away, he even had a bit of a panicked look in his eyes.

            “Zane, why don’t you go to the nurses office, and I am sending Blade to show you where it is.” Mr. Hayes said, finally stepping in to this disaster of a situation. The second we started walking down the empty hallways I couldn’t help but ask him what had been eating away at me since I saw the bruise on his beautiful face.

            “Who hit you?” I asked, trying to control my angry. I couldn’t lose control now, even though my wolf was about to go insane at the idea of someone laying a hand on our mate.

            “Doesn’t matter, it was taken care of.” Zane said cryptically, I bit my lip to keep from yelling in frustration and cleared my throat.

            “What do you mean it was taken care of?” I asked.

            “Are you implying I don’t know how to take care of a few bullies?” Zane asked, he stopped and turned to stare at me, I gulped, once again getting lost in his eyes.

            “Jason’s crew isn’t a few bullies, that’s seven guys. If I am making the right assumption and it was Jason who came after you. And they are pretty tough guys to take down.” I said, they were werewolves, so no ordinary punch could hurt them. It would take skill to just take on one of them. No way someone could take on all seven.

            Zane might look fit and everything but he was still human. “Well handling a few bullies may be a big job for me, but finding my way to a nurse’s office is something I can definitely handle on my own.” He said coldly and with that he walked away.

            Only I watched him walk right out of the exit. Why can’t I get anywhere with him, I thought with a sigh as I decided to skip class. We only had thirty minutes left anyways, maybe I would go for a run by my mates house and possible catch a glimpse of him. I really was pretty pathetic wasn’t I?

            I went home first and changed into some running clothes before taking off in the direction I knew was towards Zane’s house, it took me an hour, jogging to get there. But I was in human form so that was to be expected.