Chapter 17

Divya

"What should I wear to your parent's house, I know I said yes but now I am scared," I asked Andrew as I was on a ferry coming back from the Statue of Liberty.

Man! that's a freaking huge statue and a fascinating one. We have been pretty much on the roads of New York since the morning.

"We can still back out, if you are scared we probably shouldn't go," Andrew told me with an evil smile.

I don't know what's with him and his father, he is the only person that makes Andrew angry. I don't know his story completely but I hope they make up. I wish for him to have every happiness, I see him craving parental love whenever we are with Ana and Vasudha Aunty. If me pushing myself out of my comfort zone gives him that, so be it.

"Nah! I feel better now. We will go."

I turned around enjoying the surroundings and the ferry ride. I love New York, these skyscrapers, the people, the food, and everything. This place reminds me of India, full of people and sounds. There is no quiet moment in here.

We went out to the Empire State Building and Brooklyn Bridge in the morning. And then we bought some food from the food trucks.

And last night after we got back home, we went to this place called Insomnia Cookies and this morning to Levain Bakery. Their desserts are just amazing, I might have put on a few pounds here.

We planned to go visit another place but Andrew had some work come up and we had to come back home as Andrew had some work to do.

"Amar, stop moving around. And let me put your pants on." I asked my son who's been running around without his pants for the last 30 minutes.

We are going to Andrew's parent's house for Dinner in an hour and he refuses to wear any clothes and is throwing a tantrum.

Amar ran out from our room to the living room to Andrew who was working seriously for the last two hours.

"Little man, go put your pants on. You do want to meet Hannah right?" Andrew asked Amar who was sitting on Andrew's laptop which is now closed shut.

"You do it, Andy."My son asked him sitting giving his pants from my hand.

I don't why but Amar prefers Andrew to do things if he is in the house, maybe he is already bored of his poor old mother or he just likes Andrew more.

"Don't get jealous of us," Andrew said zipping Amar up and I rolled my eyes at him and walked away to change.

I wore and full-sleeve blouse and black pants brushed my hair, put on light makeup, and got out of my room.

Andrew wore a regular shirt and pants and a leather jacket on top, whenever he is with his father I think he feels like a rebellious teenager trying to protest everything his father says. Let's see how it goes today.

Amar is all dressed up and sitting on Andrew's lap watching TV in the living room munching on some cookies we bought last night in sync. They always amaze me, how can two different people act so much similar? They look like father and Son.

"Let's go, people! We are already late." I yelled disturbing their little party.

We all walked out and found the driver waiting already by his vintage Car a 1939 Alfa Romeo.

Andrew is freaky rich, as in he is a complete trust fund kid. His father has business all over the world, he does imports and exports and he has planes, ships, and whatnot. I for one thought, Global Tech was the only source of his income. He is always down to earth,  I got completely fooled by his appearance.