34

I walked out of the classroom with one of Nick's friends from the team holding my bag. I sat down on the bench. "Do you want me to wait with you?" Wren asked, looking down at his watch. "Nick isn't here yet."

"No it's okay, Nick's class gets out in a minute."

"You sure? I mean he asked me to look out for you since Alonzo has a class next door."

"I'm fine really," i said with a smile. He was a really nice guy. He was a sophomore majoring in accounting. Nick trusted him enough to keep me company and keep Alonzo away from me. Wren shifted his weight from foot to foot nervously. "Do you want to be late picking up your girlfriend?"

He smiled to himself. "Not particularly no. last time i was late, it took me forever to get her to kiss me."

"Then go. I'll see you later okay?" He looked between me and Nick's classroom, debating his choices. "I'll be fine and i promise, i'll tell Nick you took care of me." He nodded and said his goodbyes before making his way out of the building. I relaxed as i waited for Nick and Dana's classes to get out. Students started flooding out of the rooms.

I perked out when i saw Nick walking out but i frowned at the tall beautiful hispanic girl walking out beside him. "¿Puso su calificación para la última tarea todavía?"

"no, se está demorando una eternidad con su calificación," Nick replied.

"cierto. Te veré más tarde."

"Adiós," Nick said with a smile.

I couldn't help the pang of jealousy flow through me. I stood up biting on my bottom lip as i felt my eyes well up with tears. "Stupid pregnancy hormones," i mumbled to myself.

I grabbed my bag and started walking out of the building. "Leia?" he called out. I kept walking. He caught up with me as i got outside the building. He gently grabbed my arms. "Corazón, what's wrong?" he asked at the sight of my tear filled eyes. "What happened? Did Alonzo mess with you? Where's Wren? I told him to stay with you until my class let out."

"I'm fine," i whimpered. I turned around as i started to cry not wanting him to see.

He walked around to face me. He put two fingers under my chin lifting it up to face him. "Don't lie," he whispered. He bent down slightly to pick me up bridal style. He walked us over a bench in front of a bed of flowers and sat down with me on his lap. He rested his forehead against the side of my head. "Please corazón, tell me what's wrong?"

I wrapped my arms around him tucking my head into his neck. He gently rubbed my back and thigh up and down. "I can't speak spanish," i cried.

"Okay," he said slowly, confusing evident in his voice. "Do you need me to tutor you?"

"She speaks spanish and she's gorgeous and you don't want to be with an annoying pregnant girl that can't even speak spanish with you."

He pulled my head out from his neck. He gently grabbed my face in his hands. "What are you-? Are you talking about Valentina? She's on a green card from Mexico, i was helping her in class today. Corazón, are you jealous?"

"Of course i'm jealous," i cried out.

He smiled softly. He pressed a kiss to my forehead. "oh hermosa chica estúpida," he mumbled against my forehead. He pulled away to look at me. "I don't want her, i don't want any other girl. I want you. I've always only ever wanted you."

He brought his hands up and pulled his necklace out from inside his shirt. I looked down. On the thin silver chain was his mom's cross pendant, Lindsay's heart pendant, abuela's angel wing pendant, and my engagement ring. "You wear my ring?"