Prologue

George Weasley was nervous. He could feel the weight in his pocket grow heavier and his hands get sweatier. Behind him, his twin, Fred patted his back, "You'll be fine mate" he told his brother who nodded. 

"I don't know if I should" George said. Fred had convinced him that Angelina was the one for him and he was ready to Marry her but he was nervous. George loved Angelina very much and he did see himself settling down with her in the future but he wasn't sure if he was rushing it. 

"Yeah don't worry so much" Bill spoke up from across the room. 

"She loves you" Percy added. 

With all the courage mustered in him, George was ready to go. The rest of the family stayed home waiting for George to come back with some good news. 

George had been dating Angelina for three years now and it all felt right. 

The house was rather crowded with all Weasleys at home along with Fleur, Harry, Hermione and of course Bill and Fluer's daughter victoire. Remus and Sirius' son, Teddy, was also there. Harry was babysitting him for them while they went out. Lucky for the two children, they had each other's company. 

These days it was rare to see the whole family together. They were all busy with their work and rarely met anymore. Occasions like these helped them catch up with each other. 

"So Percy, how's the Ministry been?" Bill asked. 

"Good, Shacklebolt said that if I keep working as hard as I am right now, I might be able to get a position as his assistant sometime soon" Percy was radiating. 

"That's amazing Perce! At least someone is advancing in their career" Bill spoke up, "I've peaked in mine, there's not much to promote me to. It's starting to get a little boring"

"We've found a new type of dragon in zurich, though no one has caught it yet. I'm hoping to move there for a couple months" Charlie said. 

"I have a match next week, hopefully we'll get to semi finals this year. Last year was rough" Ginny added. 

"Auror training has been rough," Ron spoke his part, "Got this scar two days ago," he tilted his head to show off the scar on his neck. 

"I don't know how you do it, mate," Harry said. 

"How is teaching at Hogwarts, Harry?" Fred asked. 

"It's my calling for sure. I should've applied much sooner" Harry replied, "The shop's going well I assume. I see a lot of your products with my students. They are chaotic"

Fred chuckled, "It's going well"

The Weasley children had grown accustomed to this work talk over the years. They had drifted apart and they had their own lives. Catching up only meant telling each other that they were doing well and occasionally meeting up for a meal. Though all of them rarely met up at once. 

George and Angelina had enjoyed their dinner thoroughly. The food had been good and there was enough Alcohol to make George more confident in himself. At Dessert, George had knelt down on his knee and popped the question. The ring glimmered before him and Angelina and he was pretty happy with his speech, until he saw Angelina's face drop. 

"George-" She looked distressed. 

George frowned but didn't stand up. 

"I can't..." Angelina didn't elaborate why. 

George sat there with his brows raised in shock, "What?" Did he hear her right?

"I-I can't-" she said, "I'm not ready to get married yet!"

"But we've been together three years"

"I want to explore my career more first, I want to explore myself, I want to live a few more years wandering around before I settle down" Angelina said and George slowly stood up. 

"You can do all that even if we're married"

"I can't George, It's going to be very different" she explained, "I don't want to get married for another few years"

"Oh..." George wasn't sure what to say.

"And I don't want you to hang by me until we come back on the same page"

It was starting to sink into George. Angelina was breaking up with him. She didn't want to marry him, she didn't want to date him. 

Everyone in the family had divided into their respective groups, talking amongst each other, laughing, eating, playing games. 

Oliver Wood had joined them too. Him and Percy were best friends and he was also good friends with Harry, Charlie, Ginny and the twins so it made sense. Him and Ginny were always in a playful fight defending their own teams though he did admit that she was probably a better chaser than she was and she would never let it go. 

Him and Percy went outside and sat in the grass for a while before Fred and Charlie joined them too. 

When George returned, everyone excitedly crowded him. 

"She said no.." George was still having a hard time accepting it. 

"What do you mean?" Ron asked. 

"She rejected me"

"This is a prank isn't it?" Fred chuckled, "I knew you both do this"

"It's not a prank, Fred" George looked up and met his eyes with his twins'. 

"Oh..." Fred could tell George wasn't lying. 

George had shut himself off in his and Fred's old room, not letting anyone in. They were all very worried about him but they couldn't say anything, he refused to listen. 

Every sibling tried to knock on his door, go inside, talk to him, but nothing was working. 

George Weasley was heartbroken. He didn't understand why he wasn't enough. Had he become less reckless? less outgoing? Less himself? 

I want to wander and live more before I settle.

Had George become too boring? Too settled for Angelina? Did she think he wanted to stop their lives there? Why couldn't they go on adventures together?

After giving him some space, Fred finally walked into his room, "George" he sat down next to his brother, leaning against the bedframe behind them. "Look, I know you feel awful, and maybe her reasons were too vague, but talk to us, we can help"

George let out a chuckle, "Talk? when was the last time all of us really opened up to each other?" He said, "The only things we talk about anymore is work. We're not the seven children who used to live under the same roof and share secrets with each other anymore" George's tone was sharp.

"What do you mean?" Fred asked. 

"You're the one who rushed me into this Fred, I was unsure for a while, but you convinced me into proposing to me"

"So you're blaming this on me?" Fred asked. 

"No.." George sighed, "When were you going to tell me Fred?"

"Tell you what?" 

"That you're in love with Angelina? When I got married to her? Or never?" George asked, "I was unsure and you tried so hard to convince me. What did you think it would've done? You think if she had said yes, you would've lost feelings for her?" Fred was quiet as ever, he knew everything George was saying was true and he didn't have anything to backup his actions, "I'm a little relieved she said no" George admitted. "We don't know each other Fred. If you and I are keeping secrets like these, what do you think the others are doing? We don't know who they are and they don't know us, at least not anymore. We've lost touch with our own siblings"

"We need to do something about it then" 

A/N
IDK why I named this book bad ideas but it just feels right. 
The Weasley fam is a complicated bunch