𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚂𝚒𝚡 ➪ 𝙶𝚘𝚋𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝙵𝚒𝚛𝚎

"𝙏𝙝𝙖𝙩𝙨 𝙧𝙪𝙗𝙗𝙞𝙨𝙝!!"☟︎☟︎☟︎

"𝙏𝙝𝙖𝙩𝙨 𝙧𝙪𝙗𝙗𝙞𝙨𝙝!!"
☟︎☟︎☟︎

The ride to Hogwarts always lasted quite a long time. After writing in my journal I did decide to read a couple more chapters of my book, however the comfortable silence of the compartment, and the sun setting in the distance caused my eyelids to begin to droop. As Hermione read the paper, and me my book, Ron finished off his sweets and Harry watched as the scenery passed by, I closed my book and placed it beside me, looking out the window. I could feel my eye lids becoming heavier and heavier by the second.

Unable to keep them open, I shut my eyes slowly and my head slumped onto the nearest thing. Feeling myself fall asleep almost instantly, I felt something shift beneath me.

I slowly looked up and noticed I had my head had landed on Harry's shoulder. "Sorry," I mumbled sitting up straight and stretching.

"It's fine," he smiled, "you can rest your head there."

"Thanks," I hummed and rested my head on his shoulder once more, shifting around a little to get comfortable. I fell asleep almost immediately and when I woke up, four hours had passed. It was now pitch black outside. The only light coming from the train lamps in the hallway.

When we were almost at Hogwarts, Hermione and I changed into our robes in the girls bathrooms: my Hufflepuff badge now showing proudly on my robes. With my wand now in my pocket, I picked up my backpack and Hermione and I made our way back to the compartment, where the boots had gotten changed.

The one thing about feasts at Hogwarts, you had to sit with your table, meaning you couldn't sit with any people from other houses like you could at Breakfast and Lunch. This meant I couldn't sit with Harry, Ron and Hermione. I had to sit at the Hufflepuff table with my brother instead.

Not that I don't like being a Hufflepuff. I love being a Hufflepuff. I'm very proud to be a Hufflepuff. I love thinking back to my first day at Hogwarts when all the Hufflepuffs gathered in the common room to do the 'Bonding Ceremony'.

In the beginning of every year, when Hufflepuff receives its new members, all of the house students gather in the common room for what we like to call the 'Bonding Ceremony'. All of the students in Hufflepuff will either put their hand on one another's shoulder, hold their hand, or touch them in a preferably non-sexual manner. This happens until each student is connected to one another. Everyone will then say the Hufflepuff motto in Latin: 'Cognatio non finis in genus' or 'Family doesn't end in blood.' The motto is actually a spell that binds all of the Hufflepuff students together emotionally. Therefore a puff will be able to know when another puff is in danger, or if they are sad, or even if they are having a really good time- all without being with them physically. This spell is so powerful, it lasts beyond graduation. The longest duration known has been twenty years.

We had around fifteen new Hufflepuffs this year, seven girls and eight boys. We'd never had so many new ones before. Most of the time there's around eight to ten new students. In my year, there were three girls and five boys. And my in brothers there were four girls and six boys.