Chapter 03

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟎𝟑
*ੈ✩‧₊˚

Aria pulled her hair into a bun as she listened to Elanora Sink address the small crowd of Hufflepuffs. She stood on the quidditch pitch ready for tryouts.

Aria had been on the Quidditch team since her second year as a Beater. Sirius joined the Gryffindor team in his third year as a beater as well. Regulus joined the Slytherin team in his second year, replacing his older cousin Narcissa as a seeker.

Walburga did not appreciate quidditch so it only made sense that all of her children managed to develop an adoration for the sport. Not only did they enjoy playing, but they were good at it. When one of the Black siblings was on the pitch, the game was bound to be interesting, to say the least.

"Just because you were on the team last year doesn't mean you will be allowed back on it this year," Elanora stated, glancing at a few players in particular.

Aria's eyes met hers and she gave Elanora a smirk. She watched Elanora's lips twitch as she fought a smile.

Aria heard a light scoff behind her and turned to see Tiberius McLaggen standing behind her. She had never liked the boy. He was arrogant and she hadn't the slightest idea how he got into Hufflepuff seeing as he wasn't loyal to anybody but himself. Aria was no stranger to arrogance, given who her twin was but the difference between him and McLaggen was that Sirius was only arrogant about things he knew were fact. McLaggen was just a narcissist.

"Anything you like to say McLaggen?" Elanora asked loudly.

"Nothing. Nothing at all." He smirked.

"Well if you're done gossiping with your boyfriend," She nodded her head towards a boy with dark hair and blue eyes that was standing next to him. "I'd like to get on the pitch."

Aria didn't even bother to hold in her snort which earned her a dirty look from Mclaggen.

The group all mounted their brooms, waiting for Elanora's orders. Aria glanced up to the stands and immediately spotted her friends. Lily waved with a grin as Marlene lay on her lap. Aria gave Lily a small wave back. James also stood there, looking far too serious as he attempted to scope out the competition.

"Hello." A deep voice from behind her said.

She turned around and was met with the boy McLaggen was talking to. She didn't like him much either. Shocker.

"I'm Joshua." He held out his hand

The only difference between him and McLaggen was that he was actually good enough to warrant some smugness.

But either way, Aria wanted nothing to do with him.

"I know." She nodded not bothering with a handshake.

"I've decided to have you guys scrimmage in the positions you would like to play. That way I'll get a better grasp on your abilities." Elanora told the group. "So let's get you guys split into groups."

***

Aria was hovering in the air as she scanned the quidditch pitch. The scrimmage was in full swing. Elanora had pulled Aria to the side before they started, telling her to try not to go too hard on the younger kids as there was no point in injuring them before they even made the team.

When Aria had asked how she was meant to make the team Elanora just blinked before laughing. Aria's spot was well secured.

"You know," Aria didn't look away from the game as Joshua approached her again. "I'm not sure how these trials are at all fair with the insane favoritism around here."