Chapter 20

Hello everyone, this will be the last chapter. I know some of you wanted me to make it longer and continue a lot but I just don't have the time to keep it up. This was never meant to be very long and I am happy that it is getting a lot of reads considering how old the movie is. So thank you to everyone who read it and I hope you liked it!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

School never seemed so great until I had my contact mirror. Jareth recovered in a few days time, which was really weeks down there. Once he was better he couldn't stop telling me how happy he was to be able to be with me, sort of, despite the problems.

Sure, I wasn't very social and my studies were halted for the first couple of weeks. But after the first month things got back into swing. I did my homework during the day and talked to Jareth at night. I talked to friends outside of my room and took care to make sure that no one ever caught me talking to myself while I was alone.

This went on for years until I graduated and got my own place. Jareth followed me there. In those days when I studied long hours and didn't hear from my dad or Karen for months Jareth was my only friend. He listened to me talk for hours and he always answered as he thought I would want him to. Those times became my favorite time of day.

Years down the road, once I had finished school and worked for a few years, I started putting things into place. By this time my father had retired and he and Karen were keeping to themselves. Toby was well getting into high school and by that time didn't care much for either of his parents.

I told my parents that I would be moving across seas and that I wouldn't be able to give them an address until I had settled things. Toby seemed very upset, but Karen seemed pleased that I was 'making something with my life'.

After leaving Toby with a promise to keep in touch as much as possible I disappeared into the mirror that was once again in my old room. I made Karen promise to leave the mirror there in case I ever came back to visit, and in the late hours of the night I snuck back into the house and disappeared.

Now I am living in the Underground. Sure, the goblins are a bit odd. But my old friends are here, happy to have me back. We spend most of our days together going on adventures together, despite my age. Here I am allowed to be whoever I want.

And then there is Jareth... For the first couple of years he gave me my space to get used to living in the new world. He passed his time by keeping an eye on the upper world and working to clean up the kingdom. That part was something that I had ordered him to do when we agreed to my moving here.

As the kingdom became more livable Jareth became more pushy to spend more time with me. By that time I was old enough to feel that I wanted to be closer to him. 

We 'dated' or 'courted' seems like the right word for a couple of months before he became impatient. To say I was surprised when he proposed is an understatement. At the time I didn't know how to feel. So to solve things I challenged him back.

The game? A trek through the Labyrinth just like in the old days. This time, no tricks, one set time limit, and he couldn't interfere. If I won, we would push it back a little longer. If I couldn't make it, we would get married.

Needless to say I won the first, second, and third time. Each time Jareth goes about making it better, harder. In fact, I haven't seen him work so hard for anything in all of the years that I have known him.

He hasn't beaten me yet, but we have time. I haven't aged at all since coming here. Soon I will challenge him once again. And who knows, maybe one day he will actually win. Or who knows... Maybe I will actually pity him and just say yes.

But when you have eternity, that day could be a long way off.

THE END

- I hope you all enjoyed! Check out the rest of my stories if you liked this one and have a nice day!