Chapter Four: Revealing The Horror

Some time later, Orinsky awakes and finds herself at the bottom of the staircase. She takes out her map to see what floor she's in. In shock, she realizes she fell six stories to the bottom. Distraught, she questions how she survived the fall. Just as she said it, she felt something soft underneath her. It was a pile of old medical mattresses. Luckily if the pile wasn't there, she would've met a gnarly death. Not only that, she realizes she's at the first floor. Crawling away from the mattresses eager to finally escape this madness, she then heads toward the door. Upon opening it, she come across another hallway. Annoyed with the amounts of hallways, she starts walking. As she walk about, the sound of something scraping against wood is heard behind her. She ignore the sound and continue her path, quickening her pace, only for the sound to become more harder, followed by the sound of disembodied moaning. Disheartened by the sounds, Orinsky turns around to face whatever is chasing her, but nothing is seen, only darkness. She slowly turn back around and continue walking, the floors becoming sticky and a foul odor manifest around her. She look down to see what's causing the stickiness, only to find a pool of dried blood beneath her. She gasp as she stumble back. Soon, the scraping and moaning sounds return, only eerily close to her, almost right behind her. She quickly turn around, nothing yet again. When she turn back around, a disembodied face confronts her and scream right at her own face. Orinsky fell back in response and start crawling back, terror stricken. The face has no flesh and no eyes, long white hair flow behind its head. Its arms are bare bones at the forearm, leaving with no hands. It appears to be wearing pants that looks to be a former jump suit. She quickly get back up and start running the other way. The undead creature let out a wail and start running after her. Orinsky huff and puff as she run away from the living corpse. She then comes across a large hole on the wall to the right and went in, finding herself inside a prison cell. She gets out of the cell, finding herself in a sort of prison ward, thus giving her an idea. The horrid monster makes its way into the hole Orinsky went in and come back out. It sniff the air and pinpoint her locarion. It stalk until it finds her inside a cell, pouncing upon her, ready to tear off her flesh and devour it. She dodges the attack, making the creature crash into the wall behind her, rendering it dazed. She gets out of the cell and slam the hard steel door on the undead creature, trapping it inside. Letting out a well deserved sigh of relief, Orinsky gets out the same way she came in and continue her path. She sees a sign ahead of that reads, Exit, pointing to the right. Filled with new hope, she run off down the hall. She then comes across a desk with lots of newspaper clippings and files lying on top. Orinsky suddenly wants to know what this building and what purpose it served. When she started reading, her eyes began to widen and covering her mouth, dropping the newspaper clippings.