3. Homework

I'm sitting in class, like normal. I hear someone move the seat next to me. I look over. It's JJ.
"Hey." I say.
"Hey." He says looking at me.
"You're here?" I ask shocked. He smiles.
"Yeah."

As the next few days go by, JJ comes to school all of the days.
"You've been showing up recently, is there a reason why?" Our teacher asks JJ as we walk out of our last period.
"No?" JJ says confused.
"It's just weird that you've been here since someone else has been." She says glancing at me.
"Uh no. She has nothing to do with me being here."
"Okay, okay."

We start to walk out of the room and go to our lockers.
"Can you believe she think I'm here cause of you." He says scoffing. I smile.
"Bro, I don't want to do all the homework." I say.
"Oh I forgot." He says. "Can you do mine?"
"No, but I'll help you with it." I say. He sighs.
"Your house." He says.
"No can't."
"What why?"
"My dad has this thing. It has to be your house."

He gets all quiet.

"Fine. But we go now."
"Okay."

We walk outside and get in the van.
"My house." JJ says to John B.
"Okay."

He gets gets there, and I get out with him. John B gives him a look.

We walk inside.

JJ looks kind of scared as he opens the door.

"Dad?" He calls out. There's no response. He sighs. "He's at work." He says. I nod slowly as I look around.
"Let's go to my room." He says.

I follow him to a smallish room. He sits down on the bed and I sit down next to him. He pulls out his work and I get mine.

We start working as I do my best to explain everything to him.

A noise comes from outside. JJ freezes. It sounds like the front door opening.
"Stay here." JJ says. "Don't make a sound." I'm scared.

"JJ!" A voice yells. I can hear the sliding and stumbling of feet. Whoever it is must be drunk. "You little piece of shit, are you here?" I can see the look on JJ's face. He looks like he's in pain.

"Yeah dad, I'm in my room." JJ says. "Stay here." He whispers to me. I nod slowly.

He walks out of the room.

I can hear them yelling. Suddenly I hear loud noises and then silence. My heart drops. Although JJ told me to stay here I can't. What if something happened?

I walk out slowly. JJ is holding the side of his face backing away from his dad. His dad just hit him.

JJ looks at me pure fear on his face.
"Y/n." He mutters, his hand falling to his side. His face is red and his nose is bleeding.
"JJ." I mutter. I look over at his dad, who's staring at me. I take a step back in fear.

"Is this one of your little whores?" He asks him.
"No." JJ says.
"Are you lying?"
"No! She came here to help me with homework." JJ says. His dad looks at me.

"Fucking slut." He says staring at me.
"Shut the fuck up!" JJ yells.
"Look at how she's dressed."

I feel my hands begin to shake. I want the ground to swallow me whole.
"Stop." I mouth terrified to speak.