Chapter 32

"All D-Squadrons charge!" Luna yells frantically into transmission and we assemble ourselves into the formations discussed previously. 

It is to our advantage that we have a large segment of Plutonians on our side. Luna and the others know the way the army works. She knows their defensive and offensive positions and where their weak points are. 

But they do not know ours. 

We charge towards the nightmare of Plutonian ships awaiting us, using the Amazonian formation that they are unprepared for and the others attack from behind them using Reptilian war fare. 

We are all soon engulfed in shards of blue, white and red light. Laser beams from our ships fly across the vast expanse of space, separating us from Lazarus's army and for a moment it is obvious that they were not expecting this approach from us. 

One by one, our squadrons fly towards the Plutonian army, some as back up, the others as the main firing squads. It is as if a waterfall of ships and laser beams have been unleashed on the Plutonians and for a fleeting moment I see their hesitation. 

Their shots are delayed and they miss most of our ships. But Lazarus is smarter than we give him credit for because the ships break formation and split up by breaking away from each other. 

Half of Lazarus's fleet move upwards while the rest fly down and it is only then that we realise the hoard of Plutonian ships have in fact been hiding a Space Splitter. 

It is the largest one I have ever seen. 

"Shit, split up! Everyone follow their formation!" Luna screams into the intercoms, her face pale with panic. 

Just then a loud 'twang' echoes from the distance, growing louder and louder, like a musical instrument that has been plucked by the Gods. 

Luna presses down onto the handles and we jerk upwards just in time to avoid a large disc shaped beam of yellow light that emits from the bottom of the Space Splitter. It ripples through out the universe, reaching the size of Pluto and splits up all the ships that were caught in its way. 

I watch in horror as some of the ships from our side who weren't fast enough break into pieces from the impact. 

"A sonic bomb," Luna breathes out frantically. "He must have installed these recently." 

"The shields are up. Is there anyway we can destroy that thing?" I ask gesturing at the huge space ship that floats in the centre of our battle field like a huge nightmare. 

Luna's eyebrows tighten in a frown as she shakes her head. "Everyone avoid the line of fire and continue shooting down the rest." 

The time for hesitation is over as the Plutonian ships fly our way with the same ferocity as the sonic beam. Our formation shatters as they crash into us and soon laser beams are all I can see. 

Luna flies like the wind, it is like she is one with every particle in the universe. I have never seen anyone so natural at evading bullets, ships and the occasional cluster of rocks. I do my best to keep in rhythm with her, firing whenever I have a good shot. 

We are able to shoot down a few ships with Vix doing a pretty good job from the rear end as well. The Plutonian ships and the officers inside are a doable challenge but every now and again a sonic bomb would shoot out from the thrusters under the Space Splitter destroying everything in its wake. 

Luna is so good, maybe even better than Lucian and my squad members. She is able to outrun and avoid almost every form of onslaught but there are many others who perish in the crossfire.