Chapter 11 - Will Finally Calls

Chapter 11

Leah’s POV

“Niki, Do you want to see a movie?” I call out to Niki as I walk out of my bedroom. “Sure” she calls back, “What do you want to see?” “Anything that’s not about romance” I reply back.

I have been moping around the house for the last 4 days, ever since Niki couldn’t keep it from me any longer and told me about the note she put in Will’s jacket with my number. It’s been a week since she did that and still I haven’t heard from him. I obviously blew it and he isn’t interested, or maybe he never really was. I really should have stayed for breakfast. Why do I always have to be so cautious? Just this once, I should have just gone with the flow.

“Come on Leah, I know it’s been a week but give the guy a chance” “You know how guys can be; he probably doesn’t want to come across as being too eager.” “Or maybe he’s just busy with rehearsals for the X Factor tour.” Niki says trying to make me feel better. “Look, go get ready and we’ll go catch an action movie to take your mind off Will.” I nod my head and walk to the bathroom to take a shower.

When I get out of the shower, I pick up my mobile to check the time. When I notice I have 2 missed calls and a voicemail from an unknown number. I am about to listen to the voicemail message, when my mobile rings again. I look at the number and it’s the same unknown number from the previous missed calls, intrigued as to who this mystery caller is I decide to answer it.

I answer the phone “Hello” but there is no answer, just dead silence. “Hello is anyone there?” I say down the phone. Still silence, I’m about to hang the phone up as it is obviously a prank caller when I hear “Hi Leah, it’s Will.” “I hope you don’t mind me calling? Niki gave me your number.”

My heart starts to race a million miles an hour. Finally he calls me; I was honestly starting to think he would never call. Of course it was okay that he called me, I wanted to scream about time you called me Will as it’s only been a week that you have kept me hanging. I take a deep breath before responding as I really didn’t want to screw things up.

“Hey Will, no that’s okay it’s nice to hear from you.” He then asked me if I wanted to go the X Factor concert here in Sydney this Friday, I found it so hard to contain my excitement. So I calmly said yes and asked if I could bring Niki, she would kill me if I didn’t get her an invite plus it would be nice to have her for mortal support.

He said yes to Niki coming but he didn’t seem to happy about, he told me he would leave the tickets at the door for me, he just needed my last name. So I told him my last name was Rogers, Will replied “Cool, see you Friday then!” We said goodbye to each other and then hung up the phone.

Niki knocked on my door before walking in to my room, “Hey! You’re not even dressed yet, what’s taking you so long?” I am standing there in a towel still clutching my mobile tightly to my chest. “You will never guess who was just on the phone?” I say as I hold my mobile up towards her. A smile spreads around her face “So, sexy Mr Singe finally rang” “About time, maybe I can get out of having to watch an action flick now.” “Well get dressed so we can get to the movies, you can tell me absolutely everything he said on the way.” With that she walked out of my room so I could get dressed.

I get dressed, put on some light make up and brush my hair. I have a quick look in the mirror, before picking up my mobile and purse and meeting Niki at the car. Who has been sitting in the car the whole time waiting for me, I get in the passenger’s seat and put my seatbelt on.

I look down at my phone and that is when I see the missed calls and the voicemail from before. I click on voicemail and put it on speaker so that I can hear it while we drive to the movies. Just as the voicemail says “You have one new voicemail” Niki asks who it’s from, I tell her I think it’s from Will – as it looked like the same number.

The message started I hear Will’s voice but he’s not talking he’s singing. I recognise it straight away it’s the song he sang at boot camp on X Factor. I just sit there smiling, listening to the song. I loved it when he sang it on X Factor, but I love it even more now as he was singing it to just me.

My daydreaming of Will was interrupted by Niki saying “Aww! How sweet” “But he’s an idiot” How could she say that about Will. I shot her an evil glance, not that she noticed. “What!.....Why?” Keeping her eyes on the road she just replies “You didn’t notice that after all the effort he went to, he forgot to leave you his number.” “Oh! That must be why he called back again, when I picked up the phone.” It was starting to make sense now, why when I answered the call – there was dead silence. Poor Will, he wasn’t expecting me to answer the phone. He is too cute.

We continued the drive to the movies, but I just stared out my window the whole way thinking about Will and Friday night as his song played over and over again in my head.