Dying Light (Violet)

I continue trying my best to push the tristitia back. It was becoming more resilient by the minute and it was getting harder to keep it away from the Safe Center.

I have to end this here. If I don't, it's all over. I can't have Valenstia get near the Safe Center.

I pull out an AK-47 as I make my way up to the roof of a building. My gun aimed at Valenstia.
Once I get close enough to the creature, I begin firing. I had to use multiple guns this time.
I couldn't risk having my gem darken. So I had to make sure I kept my injuries down to a minimum, I also had to make sure I didn't stop time that often, as that also took a toll on my energy.
I threw a couple of more bombs at the tristitia after firing a few more rocket launchers.
It's long arms had grabbed a hold of me and threw me into one of the tall empty buildings.
My whole body was hurt badly, but I had to keep fighting.

I'll just heal my legs, that's it.

And I did. I healed my legs and began fighting once more.
I wasn't gonna give up, not now, not ever. As long as this creature is still alive, I can't afford to die.

Many hours went by. It was now 5:15 am.
"Damn it," I say under my breath. "Why won't you just die already?"
I pulled out a gatling gun this time and began to fire at the monster while running towards it, dodging the debris that came in my direction.

The same thing happened. The creature had thrown me against the wall of a building. However, this one wasn't as sturdy as the last, and the throw had much more power to it.
The entire building had collapsed on top of me. Both my legs, hips, and my waist was completely shattered. I felt like I had just been cut in half.
I felt as if there was blood and vomit building up in my throat and mouth.
My ribs were broken as well, with a few poking out at the skin, making it extremely difficult to breathe, and some of my small intestine poured out..
There was a huge gash on my forehead, I could feel the warm blood dripping down my face and onto the ground.
I heal myself a tiny bit, only to the point where my ribs and intestines were back in their normal spot
I looked into the distance, tears made of blood started pouring out of my eyes.

Why? Why is it that no matter how many times I do this why do I keep losing?? Why can't I just freaking win for once?? Just let me win this damn battle!!

It's the same thing over and over again. This day appears just to eventually appear again.
I get ready to reset once more, but I freeze as soon as I do.

I can't do it. Not because I know I'll just have to reset once again, but it's the fact that if I go back...Kathleen...she'll...she'll just suffer even more.

I stare up at the dark sky as my breathing gets all shaky and I begin whimpering.

So everything I've done...Was it really all for nothing??

I begin crying harder. Watching as my gem began to change from bright purple to black.

I'm so sorry Kathleen. I couldn't save you.

My vision goes black, and all my other senses fade away.
It eventually became 5:30 am. I thought I had transformed into a tristitia, but when I opened my eyes, I was still in the same spot, and I still felt the same...no, I didn't feel the same...I felt better almost.
I look over to my side and see Kathleen kneeling down beside me and holding a luctus threcius over my lipana. Her hair was mangled and all over the place and her body was covered in lacerations and contusions.
"Sorry for taking so long, it's hard as hell trying to run through a storm at night," She says smiling. "You're lucky I had this with me, it was the only thing I had left of Sana so I had to keep it."
"Kathleen," I begin. "It won't matter if you heal me. I can't move. My body is stuck. I can't fight anymore."
She stands up and gives me a smile, shaking her head.
"Whoever said you'd have to fight?" She asks. "Vi, you've done more than enough. You kept Valenstia away for a long time. Without you, all those people would've died."

She walks closer to the shore, her messy hair flowing in the wind.
"What are you saying?" I ask her.
She turns and gives me a warming smile...yet it was filled with guilt. I was confused, I couldn't understand what was going on until I saw him.
She had brought the libre with her.

Damn it, not this again. Anything but this.

Kathleen walks closer to me, kneeling down and giving me a hug. After that she looks into my eyes, wiping away my tears in the process.
"There's no other way," She says. "I can't watch you suffer any longer. I know I promised you, but it hurts me to see you in pain."

She stands up and gives me that guilty smile once again.
"Hey Violet, for what's about to happen...I am sorry."