Shot One

I dedicate this TS to the numerous authors of IPKKND fanfics whose stories have been my distraction during the pandemic (considering I watched the show only in 2019 and started reading fanfics shortly after I had a lot of material). A special mention to

kavyanjali08 EdenRose64  FlorK2D rupakukku maahiwrites archi05 Arshichamkili9 

– their style of story-telling, character description and imagination got me so emotionally invested in the IPKKND universe that it inspired me to pen down my thoughts.

I have tried to keep the character and their background information as close as possible to the original show. Any deviation may either be due to a memory loss on my part, an assumption where the show left scope for interpretation or simply an alteration to suit the plotline. This is my first time attempting a fanfic or rather any story-writing so please be lenient and show some love. Thank you.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(The first paragraph is a quick recap of the events till the remarriage track and can be skipped. The original storylines remain the same till the remarriage, which as per my plot took on 20th September 2012. After that, the story diverges.)

Arnav Singh Raizada – the young, debonair and crafty CEO of AR Designs who lived in Delhi with his Nani (Devyani), Mama (Manohar), Mami (Manorama), Di (Anjali Jha), Brother-in-Law (Shyam) and cousin (Aakash) met Khushi Kumari Gupta – a happy-go-lucky, selfless and naïve girl who was brought up by her adopted family consisting of her Babuji (Shashi), Amma (Garima), Buaji (Madhumati) and cousin (Payal). They two, as different as chalk and cheese, were brought together by fate. They got off on the wrong foot when they first collided in Lucknow and the distance grew when they met again in Delhi. His taunts about her character and economic status and her fierce stance against his insults, when she worked in his office and trained his girlfriend (Lavanya), added fuel to the fire. A twist in the tale was brought by Payal and Aakash falling in love and somewhere along the way, Arnav and Khushi too got an inkling of their true feelings. However, before their love story could proceed, disaster struck in the form of an immoral brother-in-law (Shyam) and tragic misunderstanding which led to a disastrous decision of a forced contract marriage. But as they say, true love always wins. This was once again proven to be the case as Arnav and Khushi united, after overcoming the hurdles thrown in their path by Shyam and Arnav's Dadi, and the two lovebirds got remarried on 20th September 2012.

Anjali had been ecstatic that her Chotte got the happiness he deserved but her own happiness was short-lived as, a few days after their remarriage, Arnav and Khushi had exposed the true face of Shyam. With the mountain of evidence against Shyam, Anjali was granted a quick divorce within 2 weeks. Shyam, who wanted to give Arnav one final wound by destroying the family's reputation, especially his sisters' and also mar her confidence, aired their dirty laundry in public. Arnav's PR team diverted attention to Arnav's marriage and the divorce matter was soon forgotten by the people who were now more interested to know about Mrs. ASR. However, Anjali, already battling the grief of her miscarriage was greatly disturbed by this, till she met someone a few months later.