Prologue

Mary was so quiet. She was free from her work. When she woke up this morning, she felt a shiver in her body. It was still winter, a very damp freezing winter. There was a gale the other day and she was glad that it was over now.

Standing at the window Mary saw the beauty of the countryside. The window was in the front of the street of the house she and her husband was renting but a few meters away, she saw the small lake she used to observe every morning when she got up. That was when she had time to spare, time when she was free from work.

That day was a different day. Her mind wondered at the time when Mary saw that 9 years old shy, thin, pale and sickly girl. That girl was reading in her room when she suddenly heard the sounds outside, below her window. The sounds of controlled quarrel between a young man and a beautiful young woman who was sobbing convulsively. Between them was a water pump where they used to come and pitched water for their needs.

Seeing who those people were, the girl hid herself behind the cotton window curtains in her small room. She did not want to go away. She knew there was something wrong but she did not know what. She stayed there in her hideout, tears flooded her eyes listening to the two who were already both crying silently. Then, they went away separately with their buckets full of water.

The young girl was confused what to think of what she had heard and saw. She wiped her eyes and continued what she had done before she heard the sounds below her window. She continued reading her book but she was no longer concentrating. She stopped and went out of her room. Little did she know that what she had just witness was a secret life of the young lovers, who followed her life wherever she was.

Mary shaked off her thoughts. One day she had to solve the puzzles in her head. One day!

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I hope you have enjoyed reading this Guys! It is my first story, still unedited. Please understand that I am a novice in writing a story. If you have any suggestions, it will be appreciated. Thank you for reading.