Chapter 11

x Taylor x

I smiled at myself in Abbie's handheld mirror. The doctor had just taken off my head's bandage. My brown hair laily tousled around my shoulders, not straight at all. But it was nice to see my own hair again, to feel it around my face. It's been two days since I last talked to Jason. I tried calling him once. I was told he didn't feel like talking today and that he would call me back. He never did. Honestly, I'm bummed. I loved talking to Jason. I wish he was able to visit me. All I have is Jovan and Abbie. Even my brother called yesterday. But no Jason. I wondered if he was ok. But Jovan's words about him two days ago still rang in my head. What had Jason done? Had he told me the truth? What's going on?

I broke my gaze from the mirror, gently handing it back to Abbie. She grinned, looking me over herself.

"You look better." She told me. "You're ready to be checked out of the hospital. If only they'd release you already."

"They should. I do feel better." I said with a sigh. Jovan entered the room, three McDonald bags in his hand and a plastic cup holder with three different drinks. I raised an eyebrow.

"If I get fat, I'm blaming you."

Jovan chuckled. "Relax. It's a lowfat Big Mac."

I frowned. "Liar."

"Ok, so what? You look like you need the extra pounds." Jovan smiled innocently, setting one of the bags on my lap. I opened it, peeking inside. Big Mac, of course. Including a large bag of fries and I was guessing he'd gotten me cola as a drink. He threw the second bag at Abbie who shot him a death glare before prying it open and pulling out a fry.

"When are you going to grab something that's not McD's?" I asked, shoving a fist full of fries into my mouth. I've got to admit, I love the salty McDonald fries.

Jovan shrugged. "Once you get out of here. I must take you to Cracker Barrel. Sweet heart, that's enternal heaven." He gazed up as if looking towards the heavens for dramatic effect. I rolled my eyes and dove for my Big Mac.

"Wait!" Jovan exclaimed before I could pry open the box.

"What?" I frowned.

He put on his best face of innocence. "Can I...trade you my chicken tenders for your Big Mac? I accidenly gave Abbie the wrong bag." He grunted towards his sister who was happily enjoying his, now her, Big Mac. Abbie shrugged, taking another bite out of the burger.

I let out a sigh. "Fine."

Jovan grinned. "Jackpot." I threw him my unopened Bic Mac and he chucked me his Chicken Tenders.

I made a face as I pulled open the Chicken Tender box. "Loser."

I smiled, a newly fresh piece of the Big Mac in his mouth. "Pleasure."

I giggled and rolled my eyes. I had to thank the judge later for bringing Jovan to me. He was a great friend and Abbie was too. It was nice. I thought of Jason again. I really did miss him.

x Jason x

I had my forehead rested against the hard wall, thousands of thoughts running through my head. Timothy came again yesterday. Told me he'd gotten me lawyer to help me get out of this crap. If I did get out, I'd owe him bigtime. Which meant I couldn't betray him or the commitment I'd made two days ago. The Las Vegas police force killed my brother. They lied to me. Nick lied to me. He told me during out interrogation that he wouldn't hurt Alex. What a liar. I have to get back to my bomb-making. Nick was going to pay along with the rest of his team. I would have no mercy.

"McCann?" BJ poked around the corner. "There's a call for you?"

I didn't look at him. "Who is it?"