seven

"Woaaah easy there Iwa-Chan!" I coo in disbelief. Oh what a lame attempt. He's probably going to strangle me if i bend over to assist him. It's no use. I think to myself. But, I didn't expect him to be actually out cold, on the sidewalk. Poking his exhausted body, I force out a worried, "I-Iwa-Chan? Are you just playing with me? You aren't dead this early? Are you?"

I check his pulse. He's breathing. Thank god. Eventually, I give up on waking the passed-out Iwaizumi. I use all my energy to carry him, and nearly fall over myself. Finally, I reach his house. I barge in, frantic to release the overwhelming weight resting on my shoulders. Expecting to hear a welcome from a younger sibling or parent, I'm only greeted with silence. Weird. Where's his family? I think to myself. I lay the vulnerable Iwaizumi on a nearby couch. Before figuring what I was going to do with him, I take out my phone, snap a selfie with the drooling celebrity. I run a hand through my brunette hair, and then click on the 'messages' icon on my phone.

TO: 💗Suga-Chan!💗

Hey sugaaaa! I may need a little help. I think I'm atta-

Before I finishing the message, I glance back at my peacefully-sleeping rival. He's so angelic and peaceful when he sleeps. Wait. What the fuck am I thinking?! Stop it, Oikawa. Get a hold of yourself. He's nothing other than a pawn. You will find your purpose. He's just a toy, nothing more. He's passed out. This is your chance. Kill him. Kill him. Kill hi-

"Mmmf.." The still fast-asleep Iwaizumi mumbles.

The sudden noise interrupts my murderous thoughts, which I'm thankful for. I can feel my heart soften for the sleeping male in front of me. I know it's wrong, but I'm truly drawn to him in ways that can't be explained with sappy words.

"Is hajime alright?" A shaky, sincere voice asks. I turn around, confused. The person standing in front of me, is a short, dark brown-haired female. I assume she's related to Iwaizumi, based on their simular features. Her kind, compassionate gaze is refreshing. You see, I didn't expect one of Iwaizumi's relatives to be so sweet. She was quick to offer me tea, and care for her drained son. She began to tell me many of Iwaizumi's childhood stories, presenting old photos of their "perfect family". She rambled on passionately about how much of a blessing her son was, and I became uncomfortably envious of the care Iwaizumi receives.

"So he has a perfect life, huh? That's unfair." I coldly blurt. The kind soul's reaction was a slight nod, and a painfully obvious fake-smile. After years of experience, I was quick to see through her facade, and I began to slip in a few questions regarding the truth of the Iwaizumi family. She was oblivious to my silent manipulation, but yet she talked so sweetly about her obviously abusive husband. She let out that she wasn't allowed outside, or upstairs, and that she was hardly ever allowed out of the kitchen when Mr. Iwaizumi was home. Guilt stirred in my stomach. I felt like I had just been punched in the face. How could I be so insensitive? Eventually, the time flew quicker than ever, and I felt as if my time at the Iwaizumi household was escaping my grasp. Mrs. Iwaizumi warned me that her husband would be arriving home soon, and that he wasn't so keen on having visitors without his consent. So I left, making my way towards my own house.

Tired, I slump down on a velvet couch located in a small space I call a living room. The space is decorated with posters of alien movies, and a large bookshelf filled with varieties of comic books. I'm not the best at decorating, but I'd only be on earth for a small bit, so I didn't see any use in going all out for decorations. The location is perfect, too. Despite being completely rich in the human world, I decided that it'd be best if I were able to spy on my target, seeking the opportunity to eradicate him at any given time. But I didn't have the desire to kill him, not yet at least. I don't do things that aren't beneficial to me. And although completing this mission would result in a promotion and possibly a raise, I felt as if I'd be losing something too. I didn't exactly know what, but I knew it didn't have to do with him.

At least I think so.