The Lost Airbender

Day 3: Avatar The Last Airbender AU/ Mecha AU

Two young kids sat together, only a wall of bars separated them. It didn't stop them from holding hands though.

"Touya! You are doing so well! Have you figured out what kind of bending you have been doing?" Keigo asked.

"No. It feels like water but it burns like fire," Touya said as he leaned against the bars, "Hopefully, I can get strong enough to free you Redbird."

"When I get out, teach me to be more manly."

"You are manlier than me for staying sane around my father's threats."

**Dabi's POV**

I opened my eyes as a group of kids were shouting at the inn. The innkeeper knows I have a habit of sleeping at one of the corner tables. I blinked away the memory as I sat up to look at them. They were very colorful and I recognized one of the ones fighting. A blonde was yelling at someone with half red and half white hair, while a green-haired one tried to calm them down. They walked by my table while still arguing.

"Damn Half and Half! I'm telling you that the hidden air tribe is where we need to go!"

"I told you that they are all gone. My father killed the whole tribe before I was born. He left no survivors."

I spoke before I even realized what I was doing.

"There is one survivor, Fire Lord Enji keeps him as a prisoner to this day."

The group turned to look at me and Prince Shouto gave me a funny look as if he was trying to figure out if he has seen me before.

"I have lived in his palace my whole life and I have never seen this prisoner."

They sat down at my table and I looked him in the eyes. He has one with the same sharp blue as my own eyes.

"The broken clock tower, he has been there since the attack. Enji has been saving him as a just in case measure."

Prince Shouto stayed quiet as the green-haired one pulled out a notebook.

"How do you know this?" Green asked me.

"I grew up near there before I had my accident and I promised him that I would get him out one day."

The bars were built so that only a metal bender could open them and he made sure to imprison all of them. Last I heard, they were on a ship somewhere. I could tell that they didn't trust me but at the same time, they were desperate. A redhead came running in and ran to the group.

"Hey, I asked around and they say that a great guide to sneak into the fire palace is a man named Dabi."

I waved my hand and the whole group looked at me. I was known around town to steal needed supplies from the Fire Lord and give them to the people. What the old man doesn't know is that some of his tax money is paid by the money I took out of his safe.

"I'm willing to do this job for free if you are willing to do something for me."

Later that night, I got the names of everyone in the group. Izuku, a water bender that I could tell might be the Avatar because I caught him practicing air bending. Eijiro, an earth bender that was also skilled at metal bending. Katsuki, a fire bender that was skilled at lighting bending and he had an attitude problem with everyone except Eijiro.

We made plans to break into the palace the next day and we separated to get ready.

*flashback*