Chapter 4

Pretty soon, Barney and the gang had arrived at Santa's workshop, coming up to the house.

"Oh, wow! Look at all those presents!" Michael said, coming up to look through the window. 

Kali came up to get a look for herself when she spotted an elderly woman wearing a red dress and bonnet. She soon gasped in realization. "That must be Mrs. Claus!"

Barney then knocked on the door. 

"She looks just like all our pictures" Amy commented about Mrs. Claus

"Will she be surprised to see us all" Adam smiled. 

Barney chuckled to the kids. "Oh, she's expecting us"

Just then, the door opened to reveal the legendary elderly woman who was Santa's wife, Mrs. Claus. 

"Well, hello" Mrs. Claus smiled at her visitors. "I've been expecting you" 

"What did I tell you?" Barney told the kids before everyone started laughing. 

The gang came inside while Kali looked around with awe. 

"Wow... This is great" The young girl whispered. She couldn't believe she was actually here in Santa's workshop. 

"Come along in, children" Mrs. Claus told the kids sweetly. 

The kids were all amazed to be inside Santa Claus's real magic workshop. 

"Please give me your hats and coats" Mrs. Claus soon told the gang. "You don't want to catch cold when you go back outside"

The kids began taking off their coats when they took notice that the shirts they were wearing underneath each had their names on them and Barney's signature Backyard Gang stamp. 

"Awesome!" Kali said, liking her new shirt very much. 

"Barney did you have something to do with this?" Adam asked while the rest of the Backyard Gang all gave that look towards Barney. 

"Who, me?" The dinosaur replied before the kids all laughed. 

"There's never a moment you fail to amaze us, Big guy" Kali smirked to their prehistoric friend. 

Barney then began introducing the Backyard Gang to Mrs. Claus. "Mrs. Claus, I want you to meet all of my friends. This is Michael and his sister Amy. Adam. Luci and her little sister Tina. Kali. And the newest member of the club, Derek"

"It's so nice to meet you all" Mrs. Claus smile warmly to the kids, before coming up to Kali. 

The young girl was a bit nervous, what could possibly lead Mrs. Claus into wanting to speak to her?

"So, you're Kali Harpercop" Mrs. Claus looked at her then smiled. "I've heard so much about you from Santa. He can certainly tell you have a bright future ahead of you"

"Whoa! Whoa! Okay, back up" Kristoff's voice interrupted. "What exactly did she mean by that?"

Kali said nothing, only giving a brief smile before cutting back into the story. 

Young Kali smiled up at Mrs. Claus, glad to know that Santa saw great potential in her. 

Barney soon explained the gang's problem to Mrs. Claus. "The reason we've come is because Derek is afraid he's not on Santa's list this year" 

Mrs. Claus came up to Derek, telling him in a very soothing tone. "Oh, Santa would never forget you". Mrs. Claus then knew a way to fix the situation. "Look, I'll show you"

"Over here" She led the gang over towards a different part of the workshop near an old fashioned stove with the kettle on. 

"I'm sorry, I don't get it" Kali said. "How is this suppose to help us?"