Business Guest

"Ugh...my head hurts."

I groan in pain getting up from the chair I fell asleep in.

"Sitting upright to sleep is something you're just not used to."

I stand up and head to the office kitchen where I prepare myself a cup of coffee. It brews and dispenses in a minute. It's a very bitter taste but the caffeine is the part I need, not the taste. I turn my head back to the office and to my surprise a person wearing a green suit with some fancy lookin white clothes underneath. He's got slick black hair covering his ears and the sides of his head.

"Ahh, you must be Quitt Iver. The Washer. I came by to hand in a request for your company."

He smiles fondly while tilting his head.

"What'd you kill? How many? Location? Pay? And how long till you want it done?"

"Ahh, straight to business aren't you? I was hoping to get to know the people who wash out messes."

"You pay us, that's all we really care about."

He rocks his head before pulling out a phone, he taps once and my phone gets a buzz. I pick it up off of the counter and check it.

"17 human-likes, 46th Green Street next to the pawn shop. One and a half million credits. Time limit 3 days. Good pay as always I can't complain. Alright, it'll be done by tonight."

"Tonight? You have three days do you not?"

"We're professionals, don't worry about it."

I don't have the balls to tell him that 17 is a small number for us, cause then he could subtract our usual pay depending on the amount they kill. I don't really wanna worry anymore about a financial crisis.

I grabbed a cigarette from my back pocket and lit it before putting it in my mouth. I offered a cigarette to him as well. He politely pushes away my offering.

"Ya know Quitt, I read up on your background. You're quite the extraordinary one for having 47 pages of completed redacted information. N Corp clearly has something to hide with you."

He lured his face closer to me with a wide smug grin.

"I'd love an explanation on it."

"None of your business."

I remove the cigarette from my mouth and puff out a cloud of smoke.

He speaks again "Well, seeing as you say you have no combat experience. I would say you won't be a threat to me. But that girl that was here as well, I know something is different about her."

"She never got a single second of combat experience. I'll say this again, we're a clean up crew not an organization of secret combatants. Now It'd be a help if you stuck a sock in your mouth and let us do our job."

He got a frown on his face, he clearly wasn't happy with my response. But that didn't matter to me at all, I just wanna do my damn job and get paid.

"Fine, I won't pry anymore. Here is my business card once again, I'm sure you still have plenty of them. But it's required by me at this point."

He hands me his business card as usual, it's just a requirement to always hand out business cards after a deal. There it is, Dante La Vanguardian, 1st grade fixer at the Clash Office. A noble brat who is apparently extremely keen at seeing things the normal eye cannot see itself. So it's confusing as to why it's going off whenever he sees me or my apprentice.

"Anyways, Quitt. I'll see you around so don't get yourself killed. Bye bye~!"

He exits my office. What an annoying bastard, I get up from my chair and work on the message to the rest of the Washer team about today's job, we meet up at the site in an hour and if someone isn't there they don't get credit for the work. If you miss three work related events, you're fired and your washer status and protection is expired.