Final Goodbye

The day of the show came faster than everyone could've imagined. Harry was terrified about the thought that this was the last time he would see Louis and talk to him.

The stadium was sold out and the press was already there. The whole world knew that it was One Direction's last show for a while. Of course, everyone was wondering how it went with only the three boys left. The stage was set and the rehearsals were over. So the boys relaxed in their dressing room until the show started in two hours. Niall and Liam were playing table tennis and Harry laid on the couch, scrolling through his phone, when the door opened. Paul stood there with a nervous smile on his face.

"Sorry to interrupt boys, but someone wants to see you." He stepped aside, revealing Zayn. Liam stopped in his tracks and the ball hit his face. Niall frowned, turning around wanting to see what Liam distracted. His eyes almost bulged out when he aknowledged Zayn in the doorway. Harry also looked up from his phone, looking as shocked as Liam and Niall.

"Zayn, what are you doing here?" Liam asked curiously with a slightly offensive undertone. Zayn didn't left the band because he wanted to, at least not because of the reasons the media were writing. His mental health wasn't at a good point and he almost starved himself because Management triggered him so much, he couldn't eat anymore. He had to go to a special clinic where he needed to gather himself again. He didn't want to leave the boys, but his family convinced him he had to look after himself before anything else. At this time, Liam developed feelings for Zayn and he was just hurt that he left. Of course, he wanted him to get better and be happy again, but he still felt like shit. He also wasn't exactly mad at Zayn but at himself, because he wasn't there for him in his darkest times.

"Uhm, I wanted to wish you guys good luck for the show. I know it's the last one-" Zayn exhaled deeply. "-and a special one, too. When Louis passed away I realized that I was selfish and I wanted to apologize for that. I should've been there for you, but I left and I don't know how to make up for it. It was never my intention to hurt anymore or make you mad and I wanted you to know that." Harry just stood up, embracing him in a tight hug and soon Niall joined in and after another long minute Liam also put his arms around the three boys. They stood there for at least five minutes until they broke apart.

"We were never mad at you, Z. We were sad that you left, but we fully understand your decision. Don't think we hold a grudge against you." Niall assured him, smiling at him.

"It's true. You had to look after yourself and that was obviously the right decision, cause you look healthy again." Harry added.

"Thank you, boys. This truly means a lot to me." Zayn was so thankful for them, but he feared asking the question he wanted to ask for days now but never had the courage to.

"Zayn, is there something else? I can see it on your face. Spit it out." Liam glared at him playfully, trying to cover his concern for the boy he once loved.

"Well, yeah...but I don't know if that's a good idea." Zayn reluctantly said.

"Just say it. It can't be that bad." Niall pressed.

"I just- I wanted to ask- uhm- if you-" He stopped mid sentence. "Okay, I'm just going to ask now. Here it goes...Can I join the show, please? I know you probably don't want me to and I fully understand, but this is the last concert for you as a band and I fucking lost my best friend recently and we had such a bad fight and I couldn't even apologize to him and I miss him so fucking much-" he was fully crying by now."-and this show is for him and I want to be a part of it so badly, otherwise I don't know what to do. I cry myself to sleep every night, because I can't see his stupid face anymore, but that's honestly the only thing I want to see right now. So please, I beg you, please give me the chance to make up for the last fucking year and let me be a part of it." Zayn desparately trying to catch his breath. He didn't dare to look up at the boys, he couldn't see their disgusted faces because of how pathetic he was. But the only thing that's happened was that he was almost squeezed to death by them.