Chapter Three

I found Courtney and Eleanor with a couple other girls that I didn't know the names of, a blond and a brunette. They introduced themselves but I quickly forgot their names. Just two more girls trying to attract me... Eleanor wanted to play spin the bottle for fun and so she was gathering people.

"Meet us in the attic." she commanded, shoving Courtney and I up the stairs.

We both looked at each other and began climbing the stairs. The ceiling door to the attic was open and we climbed up the stairs. I went first and pulled Courtney up. The Sterk's attic was very tidy. There was a round leather sofa that almost formed a complete circle, a black shag rug, and three tie-die beanbags. Rows of white lights were strung across the ceiling and many purple paper lanterns adorned the rafters. We both went to the leather sofa and sat down.

Now was the time.

"Hey... uh, can I tell you something?" I asked her.

"Yeah sure! Anything!" she smiled at me.

"Okay... Well, I have a-"

I was cut off by Eleanor and a group of people as they barged into the attic. "We're ready to begin!" She yelled.

I sighed and moved over so that more people could sit down. Eleanor placed a beer bottle on the floor and called out, "Okay! Ladies and gentlemen! Step right up, who's spinning first? Who's spinning first?"

There was a hesitant pause of silence in the room until the blond girl Eleanor had been with earlier called out," I will!"

"Okie doke." El said, "But you don't have to kiss her if it lands on a girl."

The blond walked to the center of the cirlce and gave the bottle a spin. I watched nervously as it slowly went by me and landed on some random ginger guy. The blond smiled and walked over to straddle him and sit in his lap. She smashed her lips against his and they began making out. I guess he was her boyfriend because Eleanor yelled, "Break it up Kevanda! Violence isn't the answer unless you've got a room!"

A few people laughed and the ginger boy (Who i guessed was Kevin) hesitantly spun the bottle with the blonde girl (who I'm guessing was Amanda) still in his lap. It landed on the brunette that Eleanor was with and he leaned over and pecked her lips. The girl blushed and spun the bottle again. It landed on Eleanor and she spun again. It landed on me...

Oh god.

I really didn't want to kiss her, but I had to. She leaned in and I gently pressed my lips to hers. She triend to sneak her tongue between my lips but I pulled away and moved back to my seat beside Courtney. i wiped off my mouth on my shirt and realized that I had to spin. me? Aagain?

I spun the bottle hard. It moved a little from the force but spun fast. it kept going for about a minute before landing on....Courtney. A couple of guys whistled and the two girls from earlier looked at each other and frowned. I turned around to look at Courtney, Eleanor was smiling at her.

I leaned in and placed my lips on hers. For a moment, we were in sync until we pulled away and she smiled at me. I smiled back and everyone cheered. Even the two girls.

"That was the best, cutest kiss I have ever seen or will see." Eleanor said.

All of a sudden there was a knock on the attic door. It fell open loudly and a high pitched voice came from below.

"Chisholm. I need to talk to yooooooou hun!" Melissa squeaked.

Great.

I watched Courtney get up hesitantly and walk down the stairs. The door slammed loudly behind her.

COURTNEY'S POV

As soon as my feet touched the ground Melissa grabbed my arm and pulled me into a room. She slammed the door shut. I could tell she was angry. Melissa was always angry when she didnt get what she wanted.

"Liswten up bitch," she started, "You stay away from Bailey."

"Uh, no. He's my best friend." I stated.

She shoved me onto the bed, "Well, he isnt anymore."

I sat up. "Dude, you wish that you could have a friendship even a quarter as good as mine and Bailey's. We're like siblings!" I stood up off of the bed.

"Oh, so you think he loves you?" Melissa asked sarcastically, "Or you love him...?"

"I think both."

"And that's where youre wrong!!" she yelled, "He never loved you, and he never will!"

My heart broke a little.

"All he wants is to get in your pants and break your heart. He doesn't love you. Now leave my house you bitch..." she finished.

By now I was sobbing uncontrollably. As I opened the bedroom door I saw Eleanor walking down the attic stairs. I didn't want to talk to anyone right now. Bailey would never love me...

"Courtney!" Eleanor called out to me, reaching for my shoulder.

I pushed her hand away and ran down the stairs. I grabbed my jacket off of the railing and flung open the door. I shoved my arms through it and zipped it up. I could hear Eleanor running down the stairs calling out my name. I slammed the front door and ran.

It was raining, hard. It seemed like buckets were pouring on me. Good thing my mascara was waterproof. I ran until I reached my destination. The park where Bailey and I used to play as kids. I walked over to the blue swing and sat down on it. That was the swing Bailey pushed me off of when I fell and broke my arm. I cried harder at the memory of him. I was in love. I cried and cried until my eyes hurt and my exhausted body fell asleep against the swing.

BAILEY'S POV

"You mean she just ran?' I asked.

"Yeah. She was crying, hard. I think it was something that Melissa said to her." Eleanor replied unhappily.

"Fuck." I murmured, I knew I should've never come here. I know it's about me, it's my fault."

"We have to find her!" Eleanor said.

"I know where she'll be." I said before running out the door.

----

I sprinted down the street through the rain. it pounded like needles into my face. When I reached the park I slowed down to a walk. I scanned the park and my eyes stopped at the dark form that was slumped against the swing. The blue one, from when she fell (I pushed her too hard) and broke her arm when we were kids...

I walked up to the swing, and watched water drip from her soaked dress and jacket. I didn't notice the cold, or the rain, or anything but her...for that matter. It looked like she'd fallen asleep. Courtney's face was red and puffy, I knew she was crying. I picked her up and sat down in her place. I watched her sleeping face as the rain poured down around us.

"I love you..." I said quietly.

And with her in my arms, I began to walk home.