Chapter Four

Ryker

Did she really leave me on read? When I checked, she hadn't even opened my message. Ouch.

      Maybe she went to bed. Yeah, that's it.

     I know I can't expect her to answer me every time I text her. But this isn't like her at all. She's a night owl, so I know she's awake. She has to be.

     Why hasn't she answered? Should I text her again? What the hell?

     A few minutes went by, and then an hour, and at that point I was just irritated and didn't even bother. She wasn't going to answer. There was no use getting mad. She's not my girlfriend, anyhow. Can't get mad at someone's who's not my girlfriend for not messaging me back.

     I'm being irrational, she's probably at home in bed. Normally she texts me when she gets home. That's like, the bare minimum, right? God I feel so stupid. I don't get to be mad, she has a life.

     I'm being so childish.

     She did eventually text me, and it wasn't until like 2 in the morning. I left her on read at first and rolled over and went back to sleep.

     Sorry, got buzy witj my manuscript.

     Was she drunk? What the hell...

     It's fine, I replied.

     Ojk.

     Talk to you tomorrow, Ash. Get some sleep.

     Make me

     You said I can't come over, and you've been drinking. Maybe later this week.

     I didn't get a response after that, so I assumed she went to bed. She either went to bed or she was mad because I was right.

     Whatever.

     I rolled over and decided it was time for me to go to bed at the very least.

------

     I woke up the next morning and she still hadn't texted me. This was surprising to me, but maybe she overslept, or maybe she was busy with her manuscript stuff. That's the reason she couldn't stay with me any longer than she had.

     I decided to text her first. Usually I just let her do that, and pretend I don't care. That probably makes me look like a major asshole, but I never really claimed to be a good guy either.

    Hey.

    Hi.

    How are you?

    She didn't reply with words, but with a photo of a water bottle, tylenol and her laptop.

    Ah, you got drunk last night.

    Yeah, something like that, I guess.

    Least you got home safe. Was worried about you.

   Save it.

   That hangover has her in a mood. Wouldn't be the first time, but jeez.

    I just worry sometimes, Ash.

    She didn't reply after that. I wasn't entirely surprised, either. Sometimes she shuts down. There's not a lot I can do about it, it's her BPD. All I can do is be supportive. Whether or not she accepts my support is on her.