Chapter 50: Spitball

Percy and Klaus had fallen asleep cuddled up on the couch together.

During their slumber, Apollo arrived at the apartment. The sun god healed Percy's mother.

In addition to the arrival of Apollo, Poseidon had decided to come by for a visit.

He stood in the kitchen with Paul and Sally. "Hi," he greeted.

Sally and Paul both replied, "Hi."

"I brought flowers," he awkwardly handed the bouquet to Sally.

She took the bouquet and sent him a smile. Sally intertwined her fingers with Paul's.

"It's nice to see both of you," Poseidon commented with a genuine smile. "Where's Percy?"

Sally replied, "She's on the couch in the other room. She's still sleeping though."

Poseidon nodded and walked out of the room to find her.

Sally and Paul's eyes locked. The salt and pepper haired man was holding Estelle in one arm.

"Well, this should be interesting," Sally smiled at her husband.

He smiled back and they walked out to the living room.

Poseidon was standing near the couch with his arms crossed. His hardened gaze was focused on the hybrid and demigod, who were sleeping next to each other closely.

"Why is she with him?" Poseidon asked in a disapproving way.

There was a hint of a smile on Sally's features. "He's not that bad. Percy seems to really like him."

"Why?" The sea god was utterly baffled.

He didn't understand what was so great about they guy.

Sally shrugged, "I think he cares for her."

Poseidon wasn't impressed by her words. He moved closer to the couch. Clearing his throat, he expected them both to automatically wake up.

When they didn't instantly awake, he cleared his throat again loudly.

Klaus woke up and instinctively shielded Percy as if to protect her.

The hybrid noticed the person standing above him and his eyes widened slightly. "Mr.-Poseidon-Percy's-Dad," the words combined into one. Klaus shook his head, and decided on, "Sir."

Percy stirred in her sleep. The raven haired beauty pulled him closer.

Poseidon glared at Klaus.

"We were just-"

The demigod cuddled into him again. "Nik, who are you talking to?" She whispered sleepily, with her eyes closed.

"Me," Poseidon replied smoothly.

Percy shot up from her seat. "What are you doing here?"

"I heard your mother was sick. And I also heard you've been getting closer with him."

The sea green eyed being gave him an unimpressed look after hearing his final statement.

"It's nice of you to check on mom. But this," She gestured between her and Nik, "is not a big deal." The demigod started to put her hair into a messy bun.

Her relationship with the hybrid was important to her, but she figured dismissing it would stop Poseidon from attempting to murder Klaus.

The sea god didn't agree. "As your parent, I can decide what is or isn't a big deal."