~ Chapter One ~

[ "Even if the world were to fall apart... I'd still be there for you." ]

•••

•••

After a bath, you returned to your room to sleep off... Well... Everything. You couldn't feel anything, your entire body just felt numb and you were struggling to keep the tears from falling. You missed your mentor so very dearly, you could only imagine how Shinobu and Kanao feel right now... You shook off the sobering thoughts as you laid there motionless in bed, but Kanae's words lingered within your mind... 'If I were to fall in battle... Never become weak in the mind because without a strong mental state and stoned convictions, you will not be able to defeat them.'

She was always so kind, yet when she held her sword you could feel a change within the air. Even after defeating a demon she would pray for their peace of mind in the afterlife, she held compassion for these beings even after all the evil they unleased upon the earth... That was how you knew you had to work hard every day to be as amazing as she was, so kind and so strong.

You shut your eyes tight and pulled the covers higher over yourself before you forced yourself to stop thinking, to actually get some sleep before the rain ended and the sun shines above once again. It took a long while, but eventually you were consumed within a dream as sleep came over you.

°°°

"Mc... Your stance is incorrect." A younger Kanae scolded and you, still a teenager, were smacked with the stem of a flower so fast that the flower looked as if it never moved. "Ow! Lady Kanae!" You whined and she merely shook her head at you, whining wasn't allowed. "Don't whine Mc, do you not want to learn my breathing style?" Kanae sighed, but you were quick to shake your head no and bowed your head to her. "No Lady Kanae, I wish to master your technique. I will train harder!" You promised her and she smiled softly as she touched your cheek, "Mc... I'm sorry I couldn't tell you goodbye properly. You are crying, please don't be upset..."

Indeed she was, at she always was, correct. As you stared at her feet in front of you droplets dripped from your eyes down your cheeks to the floor of the dojo's floor. Gently Kanae lifted your face up until you were face to face, now much older as you were now, and she smiled, "You have grown into such a lovely warrior, strong and ambitious. No more tears okay?"

You shook your head and the tears fell harder, "How can you ask me to not cry? You aren't here anymore, my precious mentor... They couldn't stop even if I tried and I shall not be trying anytime soon." Kanae laughed as she wiped away the tears until they slowed to a stop, her kind smile never leaving her face. "Time heals all wounds, you will be alright. I can't stay any longer, just remember how much I love you and to always be kind whether a demon or not everyone deserves that second chance when Muzan Kibutsuji is still pulling and manipulating the strings..." Kanae slowly started to fade and the tears ran harder than before and you begged for more time, just a few more moments, but cruelty continued as you felt a gentle kiss to the top of your head and you knew she could not o that...