Chapter 2

"You sure you don't want to lead the class?" Irene asked Jennie as she was organizing her books and notebooks on her table. Irene, Jisoo, Joy, Jihyo, and Nayeon were encircling her on her table as she was arranging her things.

"Did she not mention already she wanted to focus on her studies this school year and she wanted to graduate with the highest honor?" It was Nayeon who said that.

"But being the class president also plays a vital role, right? You can get extra credits from our teachers and also from the extracurricular activities," Joy said.

"It is not one of Jendeuk's concerns because our current class president does not pose any threat on that matter," Jisoo said and all of them laughed, except for Jihyo.

"Hey! What do you mean about that?!" Jihyo said with furrowed eyebrows but she could not hide the smile that was playing on her lips.

"I did not mean anything, Miss President," Jisoo snickered.

"Yeah, and we all know Jennie only needs to beat one person," Joy said in a not-so-hushed voice. They all turned their heads to one person, a single person that's sitting in the back row.

There, Lisa was eating her packed lunch. Eating inside the class is prohibited but since this is just their second day of school and they're doing nothing but orientations for three days, their homeroom advisor allowed Lisa to have her lunch inside the classroom.

Lisa has always been the loner of their class and the entire school, she does not belong to any group. You will only see her with someone if that someone needs help in school works, because that is what Lisa is good at. She's the "nerd" of the school, minus the thick reading glasses. You will always see her walking around the school with thick books in her arms and a big backpack.

"Keep your voice down, she might hear you," I reprimanded Joy which earned me an eye-roll from her.

"It's not like I said something that is not true. She has always been the top of the class since she transferred during our freshman year, making you the second, and because of that you have always been pressured to double your effort in your studies," Joy said.

"Come on, it's just the second day of our school year, it's still too early to tell. What I know is that we are already missing our lunch so let's go!" Nayeon said. She stood up and made her way to the door, and the other girls followed her.

Jennie closed her notebook and made her way to the door but she took a quick glance at the young girl and saw that she was also looking at her. Just as Jennie was about to turn and walk away, Lisa called her.

"Just a second, Jennie," Lisa said before standing up. She walked towards Jennie and Jennie just stood there at the doorway.

"I was about to return this to you before the class starts but your friends already arrived," Lisa reached out her hand and Jennie saw her handkerchief.

It was the one I used to cover her wound yesterday.

"You could have still return it even though I'm with them," Jennie said before taking her hanky.

"I... never mind..." Lisa said. "How's your wound?" Lisa changed the subject. Jennie noticed how Lisa was fidgeting her fingers.

Is she nervous? But she doesn't look pale or whatever.

"It's starting to heal. I think you can also get an A+ for treating wounds," Jennie said.

"I apologize again for what happened," Lisa said. Just as before Jennie can utter any more words, she heard Jisoo's voice outside the room.