The accident

"I'm so done with your shitty attitude, Louis! There is nothing you can do about it, so I would suggest you just swallow it up and get this done, otherwise I'm going to destroy your career and the others' too!" Simon yelled out angrily.

Louis clenched his jaw, breathing out through his nose, trying not to punch Simon right there.

"I am not repeating it again after this. I'm. Not. Going. To. Marry. Her." He said slowly with so much danger in his voice that even Simon's eyes grew wide for a second. But only for a second, until it was replaced by an ugly smirk.

"Well, if I were you, I would do it. It would be a shame if you couldn't see your mother anymore, before it may be too late." Simon sat down at his desk, smirking at Louis' shocked figure. Louis' mum, Jay, had Leukemia and she wasn't in the best state right now. Nobody knew if she would make it and Louis tried to spend as much time with her as possible, but Simon easily could take this away from him.

"Fuck you, Simon! Seriously." Louis breathed out disgusted before storming out of the office. He managed to make it to his car without breaking down completely, but as soon as he closed his door, the tears were streaming down his face and heartbreaking sobs escaped his lips. He clutched his shirt desparately trying to breathe, but it seemed like there was no air around him anymore. He punched his fist at the steering wheel over and over again until his arm grew heavy.

"Fuck!" He yelled out, mad at himself for not finding a way out of this situation. In that exact moment his phone vibrated in his pocket. He fumbled it out to check the caller ID and sighed between a sniffle, because he now had to face reality. He rubbed at his eyes and cleared his throat before answering the call.

"Hey, Haz." He sounded terrible and Harry instantly knew the meeting didn't go well and that his boyfriend had been crying.

"Babe, what's wrong?" Harry asked concerned.

Louis connected his phone with the speaker in the car and pulled out of the parking lot. "They want me to propose to Eleanor. I tried everything Haz, but-" Louis exhaled shakily, concentrating on not breaking into a sobbing mess while driving. "Simon told me they would destroy all of our careers and he won't let me see my mum." He cried out hiccuping.

"What?!" Harry shouted out. "He can't be serious! It's one thing to blackmail you with us, but not with your mum!"

"I know! I don't know what to do anymore. I don't want any of this."

"You need to calm down, Lou. We can talk later when you're home, okay? It's not safe to drive when you work yourself up so much." Harry tried to calm Louis down.

"You're right. I'm going to pull over for a mo'. I'll be home soon. I love you." Louis croaked out. It was better to just take a moment to gather himself instead of taking himself in danger and drive in this state.

"I love you too babe. See you soon." Harry smiled, eager for Louis to come home and cuddle him and comfort him until they fell asleep.

When Louis found a parking lot on the side of the street, he tried to slowly breathe in and out. After he finally calmed down after what felt like hours, he spotted a gas station a few meters ahead on the other side of the road. He quit smoking a while ago, but now he needed one so badly, so he exited his car and made his way over to the small shop that was attached to the gas station.

When he entered the shop a small bell rang, signalling the worker there was a customer. A young girl looked up, smiling widely at the popstar.

"Hi." She blushed, looking down. Louis wasn't in the mood to play nice right now, but he had to.

"Hello love, one package marlboro red, big pack, please." He faked a smile for her. She grabbed the cigarettes, but stopped as she properly looked at Louis.