xiv.

⊱ ──────────── ஓ๑♡๑ஓ ──────────── ⊰

The third task

The students of Hogwarts were all lined up on the stands in front of a gigantic maze. Young Ophelia Lecter had once again ended up beside the loudest family in history, the Potters. She found herself rolling her eyes multiple times hearing the family cheer every time Harry's name was spoken.

The four champions had entered the maze only minutes earlier and the crowd was getting anxious. Celia was chatting happily beside Ophelia even if she knew the latter wasn't listening. Ophelia even had her headphone plugged in but that didn't stop Celia's rambling.

'Back in black' by ACDC was blaring in her ears while she kept her eyes closed trying to shut the world out. Phelia loved all types of music, it was her comfort in life, whatever happens to her there will always be a song that matches her mood.

James Potter stood examining the younger girl, everything from her raven black hair to her tall frame, how she unconsciously drew her hand thru her hair every minute or how she nodded her head to the music that came from her headphones. James had no idea what she was listening to but found himself wondering if he would like the song.

"You alright Prongs?" Sirius Black asked his friend noticing him zoning out. James snapped back to reality and glanced over at his black-haired friend. Slowly nodding his head her turned his eyes back to the young Lecter. Sirius followed his line of sight and sighed noticing the girl.

Sirius put a comforting hand on James's shoulder and gave him a reassuring smile, he nodded his head encouragingly motioning to Ophelia.

"No no no, she seems to be busy, I can't talk to her now" James tried but Sirius wasn't having it. The black-haired man gave the older Potter a light push in the direction of the girl. The push was a little stronger than expected and James found himself knocking right into the girl.

Ophelia quickly takes her headphones and turns to the older male with a bewildered look on her face.

"What?" she asks him. James panicked and glances back at his family who watching with weary looks on their faces. He clears his throat a little and tries to muster out as much confidence he can.

"What are you listening to?" he blurts out, he internally smacks his forehead at his dumb question, Ophelia looks at him with furrowed eyebrows before shaking her head a little.

"Uhh, it's ACDC," she says while glancing over at the rest of the family. Noticing her eyes they quickly pretend to be busy. Sirius turns around so quickly he slips and rams his head right into Ron. Both males groan and Ron shoots him an annoyed look.

Ophelia rolls her eyes before returning her attention to the now beaming James Potter. "Really?! that's one of my favorite bands, back in black is so good" he exclaims. Ophelia smirks amused by his antics, she rolls her eyes a little.

"Ergh, I dunno, I'm more of a highway to hell kinda girl" she shrugs with a small smirk and James laughs. Silence then takes over and neither of the two knows what to say. James debates for himself if he should just say the truth here and now but the more reasonable part of him tells him otherwise.

Fleur has now exited the maze, the Beauxbaton students cheer sadly and give her reassuring hugs when she returns crying. Karkaroff grins maniacally while cheering for Krum. Ophelia shakes her head a little seeing all the dramatics for the game. Why would you want eternal glory, what's the point. But to be fair, if Ophelia didn't already know that her life was shortened to only a few years more she would probably care more.

Krum then comes out of the maze in an unconscious state. Karkaroff curses loudly before running up to Dumbledore in rage. He starts shouting about Hogwarts cheating and how Durmstrang deserved the win. The crowd goes wild and the students of Hogwarts shout in happiness.

Dizziness enters the head of Ophelia Lecter and said girl grips her head in pain. James notices and turns to the crouched-over girl. He looks down at her and spots a small stain of black on her forearm. His eyebrows furrow in confusion seeing the stain growing and black scales slowly spreading over her arm.

Ophelia notices the scale and quickly pulls her sleeve down, with wobbly steps she starts making her way down the stands. James would have followed her if it weren't for the fact that his son was still in the maze.

He tries to spot Ophelia over the crowd but she's out of his line of sight. He frowns a little with a confused expression on his face. What just happened?

----

Ophelia grips her said in hopes for the never-ending pain to subside, but to no luck, it only intensifies.

"Ophelia," a voice says, it sounds raspy, it sounds dark and it sounds dangerous.

"Ophelia Potter" it hisses again. Said girl furrows her eyebrows in confusion, Ophelia Potter? what was happening to her. She walks down a path toward the big castle.

"OPHELIA POTTER" it hisses louder. The pain in her head gets worse and Ophelia shouts in anguish.

"WHO ARE YOU" she shouts out, to someone else she would have looked mad, completely loony. But Ophelia didn't care, all she focused on was the voice in her head.

"Remember Ophelia Potter, always remember" it snarls and she once again screams in pain. She falls to the ground with her hands gripping both sides of her head.

"You are important Ophelia Potter, and I will find you" the voice hisses in her head and black dots enters her vision. The voice disappears but her vision doesn't return. Ophelia finds herself slowly falling into a pit of darkness with a faint headache on her mind.

Millions of thought were running thru her head, but one stood out from the others,

"Ophelia Potter" she mumbles before darkness takes over her body.