Chapter 4: Fear or Happiness?

Chapter 5: Fear or Happiness?

In the October of my junior year, he kissed me for the second time. It wasn’t that we didn’t want to kiss each other for that six month period. We didn’t need to kiss to show our affection towards one another. But after the second kiss, we couldn’t stop.

Every year there was a local Harvest Festival filled with fun games, rides, and hay mazes. Elliot and I decided we go together like we do every year. When we arrived we played lots of games and ate lots of food. It was getting late and we only had time to do one last thing so we decided to walk through the corn maze. But when we entered the corn maze, it was pitch black. The only light was the dim light of the moon. My breath instantly hitched once I entered the maze. Instantly, I felt his hand reach mine and gave it a tight squeeze. “Don’t worry. I’ll keep you safe.” He whispered.

Hand in hand, we walked through the corn maze for about twenty minutes. We started getting further and further away from the harvest festival until we could no longer hear the soft roar of the people and the rumble of the games and rides. My heart rate quickened and it felt like I couldn’t breathe.

“I-I can’t do this anymore. Please take me home, Elliot. I-I can’t breathe.” I said, beginning to panic.

“Callie, calm down. We’re going to get you home but we have to keep walking.” He begged, his voice filling me with warmth but not security.

I bent down and held my chest, struggling to find my breath. “Sweetheart, please keeping walking.”

I heard what he was saying and I wanted to stand up and keep walking but I was too scared. I was scared that I would die of lack of oxygen or we’d die in this maze.

Suddenly, his lips found mine in the darkness that surrounded us. Then, all of the fears that I had only moments ago jumped off a bridge. These kisses were different from the last one we shared. This time, he kissed me more passionately and with a new hunger. He kissed me slowly and deeply as our mouths and hearts became one.

His hands began exploring my body. At first, his thumb traced circles in my back. Then, his hand slowly trailed downward along my hips and to my thigh. He laid me down on the grassy ground that itched, but I didn’t care. I combed my fingers in his hair and tugged his mouth closer to mine.

He pulled back and I assumed that the moment was over. Just as I was about to open my eyes, he surprises me when his lips softly kissed the side of mouth. He trails hot, fiery kisses down my jawline and down my neck, then back up again. At last, his lips and mine met mine one last time before he finally pulls away.

I stared at his body as it towered over mine. We were both panting as we struggled to catch our breath. His brown eyes stayed locked onto my baby blue ones as his forehead leaned down to mine.

Once we caught our breath, he rolled over onto the grass and I rolled into his chest. Elliot enveloped me in his arms as we lay awake staring up at the moon and the stars, listening to the steady beats of our hearts. All too soon, a beam of light awakens us from our trance. It’s a security guard.

“What are you kids doing? Don’t you know that the Harvest festival ended fifteen minutes ago?”

Elliot put a protective arm around me and we walked hand-in-hand out of the maze. Needless to say, I never went into a hay maze ever again. 

<><><><><><><><><><

Hey everyone! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! I hope to have another chapter or two up within the next week. Don't forget to comment your thoughts because I love hearing from y'all. Have a good day/night!

~Kim :)