The Encounter

Rowan O'Hara browsed the shelves on the second floor of the library, bored to tears. The library was your typical college library with scattered computer stations and chaise like chairs lined up in a row. She had an hour before class and time to kill. Finally selecting a familiar Anne Rice novel she loved, she sat down on a corner chair, placing her backpack and her coffin purse on the floor. Wearing an off the shoulder sweater and skinny jeans she was comfortable in the warm library. She was rather lonely today for some odd reason she couldn't put a finger on. Settling into the chair she set an alarm on her iPhone and began to read.

Forty minutes later, she jumped as Chameleon boy started to play, signaling it was time to head to her next class. Gathering her things she shook off the dreamlike state she was in and started down the stairs. As she was to step off the last step she bumped into something hard. Looking up she met the most interesting set of eyes she had ever seen. Most people would say his eyes were hazel but she would call them golden. So entranced by his eyes she paid no attention that her phone flew out of her hands or that her new backpack ripped. "Oh shit, sorry!" A masculine voice said, belonging to the person, guy, that she had collided with. "Well there goes my new backpack," Rowan thought to herself as she bent down and began to gather her things. He was tall, and incredibly hot. Dark mid length hair, a shade between black and dark brown, with a beanie perched on the back of his head. He had a smirk on his lips, as he watched her look him over. She paused, eyes locking on his lips, transfixed on his labret piercing. "I wonder what it'd be like to play with that..." She shook her head trying to shake the thought out of her head, attracted to a guy she had just met. "Great carp! I've got to go!" She exclaimed suddenly, as she checked the phone in her hand. "It was nice meeting you, sorry for running into you. Bye!" With that she turned and fled, almost running out of the library. Unbeknownst to her, the guy stood there a moment before shaking his head and sitting down.