001

first day

first day

↳ ❝ [ THE ] ¡! ❞

sun came in like a blinding light. you were standing in the middle of your classroom smoothing out your pencil skirt and buttoned up blouse, you finished off by sliding into your flats that you had a habit of keeping underneath your desk. today was the first day of your new class of preschool students. you had a smooth year last year and prayed for another one this year.

you placed a big smile on your face readying yourself for the incoming students, wondering who would be the first ones aka the early birds.

minutes later, you head over to the door after hearing it being knocked on.

"welcome!"

you open the door to see two kids that seemed to be twins holding hands. behind them was another woman.

the boy lets go of his sister's hand that he was previously holding and runs up to you, tugging at your skirt. "hi! i'm katashi bakugo," the boy said. he then grabs his sister's hand again and starts pulling her towards you. "and this is my younger twin sister, katsumi bakugo! nice to meet you!"

you kneel down and rub the energetic boy's spiky blond hair. "i'm ms. l/n. it's nice to meet you katashi," you poke your head around the boy looking at the timid girl that was behind her brother. "and you as well, katsumi."

she nods in response.

katashi then turns to katsumi. "i did it right, just as dad said?"

katsumi nods her head softly and pats the blond's hair. "you did 'tashi."

katashi smiled, squeezing his eyes. your heart warmed at the pure interaction between the two. you then turned your head towards the woman you assumed to be their mother as the two went to pick out their seats.

of course they chose the two that were closest to each other.

"ms. l/n, was it?"

you nod and stretch out your hand. she takes it and continues. "those kids, they're a really good bunch. probably the most patient and kind couple of kids i'd ever met."

you raise an eyebrow. "oh, how so?"

the woman sighs. "their dad isn't around much, busy doing quote on quote 'hero work' so they're not with him a whole lot."

"what about you? as their mother, i'm sure you care about them very much."

the woman stares at you for a minute, then bursts into soft chuckles. "you think i look young enough to be their mother? you're too sweet ms. l/n but no, i'm their caretaker. i was even their father's caretaker when he was a kid. a generation thing, you know?"

you were definitely shocked. as you took a closer look at the woman, you noticed her more defined features, she had dark brown skin that was very clear and smooth, and her hair was in locs tied back into a neat bun. she didn't look a day over 30.

she also spoke in a voice as if she respected everyone she came across. something you couldn't help but admire.

but your mind still wandered off to the fact of where their mother was. however, it wasn't your place to ask, so you forced yourself to push it aside.

"alright," the woman waved the children off. "be good for ms. l/n, okay?"

"okay!!" katashi said while waving his hand high in the air beside katsumi who nodded and gave off a small wave.

"wait," you stop the older woman. "i never got your name."

she turns around and gives you a smile. "hayami. just call me hayami."

you nod. "okay, have a great day, hayami."

"you too ms. l/n." and she walks off.

now you were left in the classroom with the two five year olds who continued to talk loudly and gush about heroes amongst themselves.

"DID YOU SEE HIM ON TV?!"

katsumi nods.

katashi continues. "HE WAS SO COOL, PUNCHING BAD GUYS LEFT AND RIGHT!!"

you smile softly. 'they must really admire heroes.' you thought to yourself as you walked over to your desk and begin arranging your papers. that was until katashi called out to you.

"ms. l/n?"

"yes katashi?"

he starts bouncing in his chair up and down. "when are the other students coming?! i'm bored!!"

you let out a soft laughter. "well, you guys are really early. there might not be any kids until 10 minuets later."

katashi gushes. "my dad always told me it's better to be number one in everything you do! so that's what i'm gonna do."

you chuckle to yourself. 'their dad said that?what a character.'

you then give katashi a small smile and encourage the younger boy to follow his dreams. "and that's okay. if being number one makes you happy, than go for it."

"i will, thank you ms. l/n! and by the time i get my quirk, i'll be saving all types of people, even you! you'll see!!"

"i can't wait."

being around kids was something you adored. the way that they hadn't a care in the world and pursued their dreams to the fullest was something everyone should admire.

after a couple of more chats with the twins, your students finally started piling in and it was time to start the first day of school.

AUTHOR'S NOTE

- sorry if that seemed rushed

- see y'all next chapter!