Chapter 2

I walked to my locker to get my books for first period when it was suddenly closed. I traced my eyes from the arm on my locker to the owner,Aidan. He stood next to me and was holding hands with Nicola. I quickly moved my gaze back to Aidan.

"I want you to apologise to her for looking at her,"he hissed. I looked at her and apologised,"I'm sorry for looking at you." I saw his fist come at my cheek followed by a sharp pain. "I thought I said to never look at her!"he yelled as he continued raining punches on my cheek.

"Stop,Aidan! He's just a sweet,innocent guy,let him be,"I heard Nicola say. I looked at her and saw Nicola pulling Aidan back before he said," You are lucky,but let me not catch you again!"

Sweet? Innocent? She doesn't even know me.

I watched her walk away with Aidan before she turned and mouthed the words 'I'm sorry'. It took me by surprise because she was the head cheerleader in school and the cheerleaders were know for having no etiquette so her apologising to me was not expected. I got up and took my Calculus books before heading to class.

I walked in and sat on a chair in the middle. If I sat at the front,I knew I would just be picked on. The teacher,Mrs. Adele,got in and bored us to death for about thirty minutes before she got out saying she would be right back but I knew she wasn't going to come back. She always got out in the middle of the lesson to go and relax in the teacher's lounge.

"Hi,"I heard a familiar voice. I looked to my side and saw Nicola. I quickly turned to my other side and answered,"Hi." "You know Aidan isn't here,right?"she asked.