Chapter 24

A few weeks later

Louis' Point of View:

"You have everything, right?"  My mom asked, for probably the hundredth time as I threw my suitcase into Harry's car.

"Yes, Mom."  I chuckled, hugging her and kissing her cheek again.

"Make sure you call me!"  She said frantically, as I ushered her back into the house.

"It's just a few days Mom.  I'll call you before and after we audition if I can.  It'll be hard to find a phone and they don't let you use mobiles in the studio."

"I know," she sighed.  "You'll be great.  I love you."  She cooed, before hugging me one last time and going back into the house.  When I turned around I saw Alice standing in the street in front of my house.

"Hello, beautiful."  I said, excitedly walking towards her.  I wanted to say goodbye to Alice, but I couldn't wait to leave.  I wanted to get to The X-Factor, audition, and know what was about to happen already.  The suspense of it all was killing me.

"Hey."  She said, very quietly with her eyes on the ground.

"What's wrong?"  I asked, tilting her head up with my hand so I could see her face.  I needed Alice to be in a good mood today.  I couldn't just leave her upset.

"Nothing, nothing."  She tried to convince me, and I clearly wasn't believing her.  "I'm just really gonna miss you."  She finally confessed.  She sounded like she was about to cry.

"Babe,"  I laughed a little, hugging her and letting her rest her head on my chest, "it's only a few days, you know that."

"Yeah, yeah, I know."  She said, pulling herself away from me and quickly wiping her eyes.

"Then why are you so upset?"  I asked seriously.

"I just don't like being alone.  I don't like being without you.  I'm really gonna miss you, Louis."  Tears started filling her eyes again.  I don't know why she was so upset over a few days, but I knew I wanted her to be happy again, to smile at me before I left.

"Like I said, it's just a few days.  You won't even realize I'm gone, I promise.  Now please be happy.  I can't leave until you're happy."  I pleaded as I rubbed up and down her arms.  She laughed a little and sniffled.

"Ok, ok, go!"  She laughed, "go become a member of the next big boyband and make teenage girls cry with your voices, and sell out arenas, and make millions, and bask in your fame and riches for the rest of your life."  She joked, dramatically, draping her arms around my neck.

"Don't get ahead of yourself, now."  I joked, kissing her lips for what felt like hours.  It was one of those kisses that I could only experience with Alice.  The way we kissed always made me like her even more.

"Bye."  She said, seriously when we separated.  I couldn't help but notice the sad look that had returned to her eyes, but I knew she was trying to hide it.

"Bye."  I said, kissing her again.    She started playing with the necklace I had given her.  I thought about the photo and the inscription and smiled.  Always.  I couldn't think of a better word to describe our relationship.

"I hate to break this up, but we really should go."  Harry yelled, standing next to the car.  I pecked Alice's lips one last time and started walking towards Harry.

"Louis I lo-"  She started speaking again and I turned around, but she cut herself off quickly.  "I, uh, I'll miss you."

"I'll miss you too, babe.  See you soon."  I chuckled a little at my adorable girlfriend as I finally got in the car.