Chapter 3

~Party (Part 1)~

            We arrived at Mr. and Mrs. Ray’s house five minutes later. As soon as Alex parked I jumped out the car and ran to the front door pressing to doorbell repeatedly.

Ding Dong! Ding Dong! Din-

 “Who in the world is at the dang door acting foolish? When I find out who it is will bea-“, Tracy, Alex’s mom, muttered as she came to the door but stopped short when she saw it was me. “Macy, happy birthday darling.” , she told me as she embraced me in a hug.

            “Hey Alex how are you doing?” , She questioned him.

            “Just great mom. How are you and dad?”, he asked his mom as they hugged.

            “We’re well, both of you come on in.” Tracy led us in even though she didn’t need to. This house is like my home too. Alex and I have spent many nights cooped up in his room watching movies.

            “Hey mom, is dad home?” I asked. Alex’s dad, Dominic really is like my dad. I call him almost every night to tell him how my day has been and how I am feeling, just like I did with my real father.

            “Yeah, he is upstairs in his painting room so I wouldn’t disturb him if I were you.” Tracy warned me. I

            I went straight up the stairs and to the door of dads art room. I turned the door knob slowly and cracked the door open slightly. I could tell that he was focusing very hard on this painting.  I walked into the room silently and closed the door behind me.

            “Happy birthday darling.” Dominic spoke softly causing me to jump.

            “Sorry I didn’t mean to disturb you.” I apologized softly as I went to sit in the chair that dad bought for me when I was younger. I looked at the picture that he was painting. It was a field of yellow flowers with a single red flower. It stood out being different but still just as beautiful as the others. I watched dad take one more stroke then sit back and sigh.

            “All done. Don’t forget to take it with you before you leave.” Dad told me. I just smiled knowing that the red flower represented me. “Come on Tracy wants us down stairs.” Dad told me as he put his an arm around my shoulders and together we walked downstairs. We went straight into the kitchen.

            “Happy birthday Macy!” Tracy and Alex shouted in unison. I jumped up and squealed. They all laughed and Alex yelled at me to make a wish and blow out the candles. So, I closed my eyes and blew out the candles.

            ‘I wish I would find me mate today.’ I thought to myself

            Everyone smiled and clapped. I smiled and grabbed a fork and dug into my cake.

            “Hey… you can’t do that. Everyone has to get a piece of cake first.” Alex whined while Dominic and Tracy stood back just watching us chuckling. I huffed and got a plate and cut me a piece of cake and walked into the living room and put on a movie. You can never go wrong with Hunger Games. Alex came into the room and sat down beside me as he started eating a piece of cake and watching the movie. I had eaten all of my cake and I was starting to drift off to sleep.

*Dream*

            I was sitting in a dark area. There was only one light source. A candle. I sat there wondering where I was and why. I stood and picked up the candle. I was about to walk around when I heard a whisper.

        “Come here child! Come to me! Come here child! Come to me!” It whispered. I started to panic. I looked all around but I saw no one. I heard the whisper again but this time, it was a little louder. Angrier.

        “Come here child! Come to me! Come here child! Come to me!” I didn’t want to go to it. Even if I could, I didn’t know where it was coming from. I just closed my eyes and thought over and over again to myself that this wasn’t real. I felt the presence of something that was near me.

        “Oh my child, how wrong you are. Look at me and see how real this is.” It was a female voice and it sounded very familiar. I looked up and saw the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. Her hair was a rich shade of mahogany. It flowed in waves to match her glowing, porcelain-like skin. Her eyes, framed by long lashes, were a bright, blue with green specks and seemed to brighten the world. A straight nose, full lips - she seemed to mirror the picture of perfection. I just stared at her in awe.

        “Wh-Who are you?” I asked. The woman chuckled slightly. I was still confused.

        “I am, what you could say, close friends with your mother. Almost like a mother to her.”

        ‘My mom. No. She is dead. Long gone. Now I know this isn’t real” I thought

        “My mom is dead.” I replied blankly. This woman must be insane.

        “Yes she is dead. But still alive. Very much alive.” The woman said confusing me more.

        “If she is alive, where is she? And, you never answered my first question.”

        “I can tell you that she is enjoying herself with your father in the afterlife, but that is not important right now. I am here to warn you. Be prepared to face hard times soon.” She stated. I stared at her blankly. She stood there just looking at me.

        "What... What.... what are you talking about?", I stammered. "Hard times? What does that even mean? Who are you? Why are you talking to me?"

        "Macy, as a said before, I am here to warn you. You will soon be hurt. Hurt worse than any of the beatings you could get from Rick and Tate." She stated.

        I stood there, puzzled. What could be worse than ant beating i get? Is this true? I thought to myself. I stood there with so many questions in my head. I started to shake, "P-P-Please answer this question p-please.. Who are you?" This is the only question I want answered. The woman looked at me. She slowly walked closer to me and cupped my face into her hands.

        "Darling," she said softly, "I am the Moon goddess." After she said that I stared, shocked. "It's okay. now it is time for you to wake up." The woman started to fade away and I can faintly hear Alex calling my name.

        I feel myself start to awake and I try really to say asleep. "Stay strong." is the last thing I hear from the woman and i am now fully awake.

*Dream completely over*

        "Uugh...What Alex?"