Girl, That Should Be Me...

"Yo Harry! Can we go get some food? I'm starving and you literally have nothing in your kitchen!" I walked into the living room to see Harry sitting on the couch and staring at his phone. Typical Harry.

"Niall I didn't ask you to stay with me for a few weeks just so you could eat everything in my kitchen."

"Sorry mate. Should've been expected!"

"Yeah you're right. Just go find something for now. The girls are coming over to hang out so we can't leave." I nodded and went back into the kitchen. Normally I would complain until Harry gave in but as soon as I heard that the girls were coming over, then I shut up. The girls being Jordyn and Cami.

Jordyn lives next to Harry and has been his best friend for years. Cami is her best friend. Since our band, One Direction, was formed on the X-Factor, Harry has introduced us all and we've become great friends.

Even though we all got along and told each other everything, some of us still had secrets. We all knew that Jordyn secretly liked Harry, well everyone except Harry knew that. She never actually came out and told us that she did but you could just tell by the way that she acted around him. She was horrible at hiding things. Me on the other hand could hide secrets easily. It was a talent of mine.

Jordyn wasn't the only one who had feelings for one of their friends... No I'm not talking about Harry or any of the other boys. I'm talking about Cami. Sure we were friends at first but then we started to get to know each other better and feelings changed. Well my feelings did anyway. There wasn't an exact moment that I realized I liked her as more than just a friend. It just sort of happened.

I've never had much luck with relationships or love so I knew that I couldn't tell her the truth. There was no way I could take anymore rejection. So I've hid my feelings for the past two years. Not that it mattered anymore. Cami just got into a relationship with some super popular guy at her school. She had liked him for a long time and thought that he was the greatest guy ever. But according to Harry, the guy was a complete jerk. He was nothing but trouble and everyone seemed to see that but her...

*Ding Ding Ding*

"Niall! Jordyn and Cami are here!"

"Coming Harry!" I walked out of the kitchen just as Harry let them in.

"Hey guys!" They gave us both hugs before we made our way into the living room. Jordyn and Harry sat on the smaller couch which left me and Cami to sit on the bigger one.

"I'm so glad that you guys are back!" Jordyn wrapped Harry in another hug.

"Yeah and I'm glad that Harry asked Niall to stay here for a few weeks!" Cami playfully hit my arm. She has no idea what kind of affect a simple action from her like that has on me.  

"Well Niall's parents are on vacation so I thought that it would be fun since we are the only single ones in the group right now."

"Yeah." I thought to myself. "But knowing Harry he probably won't be single for long..."

The rest of the night was spent just catching up with each other and having a good laugh together. Jordyn suggested we turn on the radio but all that was playing was Taylor Swift and nobody wanted to listen to that right now.

"Nope the radio is going off! How about a movie?" Jordyn jumped up and ran over to where Harry's movies were. She chose Bambi and we all agreed. We snuggled up on the couches to watch the movie and before I knew it, the credits were rolling. I looked over to the couch next to us and saw that Jordyn and Harry were asleep on each other.

"Great! Jordyn's asleep. Now how am I supposed to get home?" Cami sat up and grabbed her phone out. "I guess that I could call Josh..." I grabbed her phone without even thinking.

"No, I'll take you home! It's fine." She nodded her head and I handed back her phone as we got up and headed out the door. It wasn't that late out but the sun had already started to go down. We both climbed into our sides of the car.

It wasn't too long of a drive to Cami's house. Luckily I remembered where it was. I pulled into the driveway and shut off the car.

"Do you want to come sit on my porch and talk like old times?" I smiled and nodded before getting out of the car and walking up to her house. Her porch had a swing on it that we loved to sit on and talk for hours whenever I came to visit. We sat down and continued our conversations from where it left off at Harry's house. I was in the middle of telling her about a prank that Louis pulled on the tour when we heard honking coming from the driveway. We turned to see who it was in the blue mustang that I didn't recognize.

"Josh!" Cami jumped up and ran to meet her boyfriend who had started walking towards us. He smiled and pulled her into a tight embrace before noticing that they were not alone. His smile turned into a glare as he made eye contact with me before pulling away from Cami.

"Babe who is that?" He got angry and pointed towards where I sat.

"Oh! Josh this is Niall! He's in that boy band with Harry." She continued to stare into his eyes as she explained me to him. THAT boyband? Was she so into him right now that she couldn't even bother to say our name?

"Yeah I know who he is.. but why is he here? and alone with you?"

"He just dropped me off since Jordyn fell asleep at Harry's. No big deal."

"Yepp and I was just going so I'll leave you two alone. Bye Cami." I waved goodbye before climbing into my car. I started the engine but I just sat there for a few minutes watching them. He pulled her in and kissed her hard. My grip tightened on the steering wheel out of jealousy. He grabbed her hand and led her up to her house where they kissed once more before heading inside.

I let go of the steering wheel with my right hand and slammed my fist against the dash. That should be me! The guy that she loves, the guy that drives to her house, kisses her, and holds her hand! When I heard that she had a boyfriend, of course I was upset. But now, seeing her with him, it tears my world apart. I think the thing that hurts the most is that I had my chances. I could've been what he is. But now her hearts been taken and there's nothing I could do about it. Even though I loved her first...