Chapter Two

I did my best to ignore Jace after that. The last thing I wanted was to get involved with golden boy. He was the Alpha’s son and training to be the next Alpha so if he showed an interest in me then I was screwed because if Jace took a serious interest in someone then everyone wanted to know more about them. I couldn’t risk everything for a quickie.

Realising that I was obviously more desperate for sex than I realised, I decided to get it out of my system. There were plenty of shifters in this bar as well as regular humans so there was no reason why I couldn’t find someone who would be up for a quick lay. I was already dressed for the flirting part. I had on my shortest black skirt, which I’m sad to say didn’t come close to being as short as most of the skirts in here. I had paired it with my backless halter top that was tied very loosely with a tie between my shoulder blades. I couldn’t exactly wear a bra with that kind of top but my girls had plenty of tape to keep them in place. My outfit was actually fairly modest compared to some that I had seen and I didn’t feel any embarrassment in wearing it. We shifters were used to being naked in front of each other while we changed forms so nudity lost it’s embarrassment after that.

I indicated to Ed that I was done for the night and he took over while I slipped through the crowd in search of the perfect victim. I found him almost immediately. He was big, muscled and gorgeous but that wasn’t what appealed to me the most. I had seen him in here a few times over the past few months and he was always careful which girls he went home with. He didn’t go for the sluts who had ridden every guy in there, instead he took his time picking a girl and making sure she understood that he was only offering one night. Sometimes he went home alone but he never lied to a girl and claimed to be in it forever. I liked that about a guy. Honesty went a long way with me, which was ironic considering the amount of lies I told.

Twenty minutes later I had found out that the guy’s name was Mike and that he was a really great kisser. It seemed wrong that I was comparing him to Jace but unfortunately Jace was an incredible kisser. I had the feeling that I would be comparing his kiss against every man I kissed from now on.

Mike and I were really getting along and I was about to suggest we head back to either his or mine when his expression suddenly shut down and suddenly he was making an excuse to leave. He hustled away quicker than I would have thought possible for a man of his size. I stared at the space where he had been in confusion. I had thought that we had hit it off and were heading for the nearest bed so what had changed?

I realised the answer to that a moment later when I turned and found Jace leaning against the bar with his gaze pinned on me and a grin fixed to his face. He mock saluted me with his beer and mouthed good luck to me. Fuck!

Golden boy had obviously blacklisted me the fucking dick. I’d heard of girls being blacklisted when an alpha was interested in them and didn’t want anyone else getting the opportunity to take what was his. I’d never seen it happen before though and I really didn’t want it happening to me. Jace was a cocky asshole who thought he owned the place and everyone in it. That was probably because he pretty much did but that wasn’t the point. I refused to be bullied in to becoming his plaything. I may not have much respect for myself but I had enough to know that getting involved with Jace would not end well for either of us.

I had to figure a way out of this situation because I could not let Jace get any more interested in me or I was risking him finding out the terrible truth about me, about my past and my involvement in the kidnapping. I couldn’t risk that.

It didn’t take long for an idea to form.

The only way to get an alpha to back off was to become someone else’s plaything first. That meant that it couldn’t be any of these boys in his pack who would obey his every command and would die for him. It had to be someone stronger who wouldn’t back down just because Jace demanded it of him.