Chapter 5 Beach Party Gone Wrong

HELEN

Shit.

"Why didn't you tell me it was a beach party?" I groan picking out all the ugly one piece suits I had.

"I thought you knew!" she exclaims helping me dig through my drawers.

"Well, I didn't and I want to make Tyler jealous by looking hot..." I trail off. I don't need to make him jealous. I don't.

"Why don't you wear this one?" Brooke holds up the bikini I wore when I was with Caleb.

I hold it up and smile at the memory and silently wish he were here right now.

"Helen!" Brooke snaps her fingers and I blink a few times.

"I wore this the time me and Caleb went swimming in a lake." I bite my lip.

"Shut up with this Caleb thing already." she laughs and pats my shoulder. "besides, you wouldn't be caught dead swimming where fishes swim...and it's Caleb and I."

"Yeah but-"

"Stop talking and go put the damn thing on." she slaps my butt as I make my way towards the bathroom.

When I'm done I step out and twirl once as Brooke claps her hands together in satisfaction.

"Perfect!" I look down at her to see her in a red bikini...of course.

I give her a knowing look and she smirks at me and skips towards the door, grabbing her purse along the way.

I look at myself one more time in the mirror. Throwing a towel over my shoulder, I open the door to see my mom blocking the way.

Her eyes look at me and she combs her hand through her hair, looking frustrated.

"Yes?" I hesitate to ask.

"Look sweetie, I know what Holly did was wrong and totally unacceptable but..please, try and forgive her." she says all in one breath.

I look at her with disbelief.

"Why should I? She almost slept with my boyfriend if I hadn't walked in on her and her skank-" I stop and take a deep breath.

My mom flinches at those words and shakes her head, knowingly.

"I know. Honey, she has been up in her room crying the whole day. She's your sister! You have to forgive her!" She grabs my shoulders lightly.

Holly has been crying?

Good.

"I cannot believe you're taking her side!" I exclaim and shrug her hands off of me.

"Helen-"

Before she finishes I slam the door shut and grab a suitcase. There is no way in hell I'm staying here with her. I can't believe my mom! I just cant...

After packing my belongings, I grab the letters and place it in a safe spot underneath all the clothes. I zip up my suitcase and grab my towel again, walking out the door.

"Helen." Holly sobs and I look at her.
"I know it's all my fault." she sniffles but doesn't continue.

"Yeah. For a fake blonde, you sure catch on slow." I say quietly and walk down the stairs.

Without acknowledging my parents I put down my bag and open the door.

"I'm staying with Brooke for a while." I say and walk out the door not waiting to hear their protests.

Brooke looks at me and nods her head knowingly.

"It's going to be okay." she says and rubs my shoulder after putting the car into gear.