Chapter 6

I say goodbye to Lucas as I close his car doors and make my way up the front door. I tap in the code and let myself in, closing the doors behind me. The lights are turned off meaning Aria is already in bed and Mari probably left.

I fiddle with my tie before taking it off and unbuttoning my dress shirt as I'm walking up the stairs to get to my room. I open the door and turn the light on, stopping in my tracks at the sight of her body on my bed.

What the hell is she doing here?

I near the bed and look at her. She is peacefully sleeping while cuddling my pillow, the sheets only covering her legs. I walk into my closet to throw my tie somewhere and take my shirt off. I turn around at the sound of her shuffling on my bed and see her back facing me, the sheets now fully off her, revealing the short nightgown she is wearing, the same nightgown that rode up with the movement and is now almost showing her panties.

I quickly put my shirt away and walk towards her, picking her up in my arms and leaving my room to get to hers. She clutches to me, wrapping her arms around my neck and holding me tight. Her breathing on my neck causes shivers to run through my body. I sigh, her scent invading my senses. Vanilla.

I look down at her, checking if she's still asleep and she holds me even tighter than before, making me feel every curve of her body and making me feel warm by holding her close to me.

I look away and open her bedroom door before walking towards her bed and putting her down. She almost pulls me down with her as she's not letting go of me but I somehow manage to untangle her arms around my neck and put her down gently before covering her with the blanket.

I turn around to look at her one last time before going back to my room. I take my pants and underwear off and go to the bathroom to take a shower. A cold one.

I turn the water on and try to be quick. I face the ceiling so water can splash my face as my mind wanders back on her.

I know I've hurt her today. She only meant good with her gesture but my ego wouldn't allow me to treat her well. I could only show her the cold side that I myself didn't like much but it protected me from people. I can't trust anybody, I can't trust her. There were so many women that were like her. Showing care, trying to get to me, looking innocent. But that was all an act so they could get their hands on my money. Or my body, but in the end, it was all about the money.

My gut is telling me she is not like that. From the first day, I met her and seen her beside her sister I could tell the difference. Her sister was definitely one of those women and she is so different than Aria. But I cannot let my guard fall. I will not allow it.

"Why the fuck am I even thinking about her" I groan and turn my shower off before stepping out and wrapping my towel around my hips. I take another towel to dry my hair and throw the one around me before turning the lights off and going back into my bedroom that is connected to the bathroom.

Naked, I lay down on my bed and cover myself. I close my eyes and sigh. Her scent invading my sense once again as I turn around in bed and grab the pillow she was sleeping on.

...

I huff while tying the tie around my neck, my day already starting on a bad note. My father had to call and ruin my morning with his screaming and demanding to hurry up with the template for our new project. If I get our clients to sign the papers agreeing to work with us on this project which is building a hotel in Dubai, I would finally be able to become the CEO of my mother's company and my father can finally leave me alone.

I groan frustrated and throw the tie from around my neck on the floor, almost ripping my shirt while doing so. Nobody could make me angry as my father can. He is a real talent for that.