5. Humara naam Karna hai!

Beep*
.
.
Beep*
.
.
Beep*

"The patient is now stable. We can discharge him after an observation period of 24 hours. Please fill the remaining papers out."- The doctor said to a Mr. Kapoor standing beside the bed.

"Thank you so much doctor. If something had happened to him, I cannot describe the pain I am feeling seeing him like this. He is not my son. I do not know who he is. But I feel as if he is my own."

"You have a good heart Mr. kapoor. Sadly  we weren't able to find his family. We will have to talk to him when he wakes up. Anyway, I have to write a letter to the collector sir to keep a check on the river water in our city. Drowning cases have substantially increased in the last few months. Just a few weeks ago I myself handled another such case of a woman in her 20s."

"I hope she is well now?"

"Unfortunately, she is mentally ill. Now we do not know if she was ill even before the incident took place or the hypoxia due to drowning did damage to her brain. She was taken away by her family to some other city. I must take your leave now Mr. kapoor. Do inform me through the nurse when this lad wakes up."

"Ofcourse doctor. Thank you for your help."

--------------------------------------------------

A few hours later:

Mr. Kapoor was dozing off in the bedside chair when he heard some sounds.
He opened his eyes to find his patient wide awake.

"pa-paa-n-i. Paani."

Mr. kapoor rushed to the water cooler and poured a glass of water and brought to the patient on bed.

He drank the water greedily and slumped back onto the bed tired.

"Dhanyawaad."

"No problem beta. Are you feeling well now?"- Mr. kapoor asked.

Apparently Karna didn't understand him.
He looked quizically at Mr. kapoor.

"Are you hungry dear? Ofcourse you must be. Let me get you something to eat."
Mr. Kapoor put the glass of water down amd made his way out of the door.

"Oh By the way, what is your name son?"- Mr kapoor asked.

Karna was still looking at him comically.

"Aapka naam kya hai beta?"- he asked again to see if the language was the barrior or the boy has turned mentally unfit just like the girl that the doctor described.

But he was relieved when the patient uttered- "Humara naam Karna hai!"

------------------------------------------
A/N:
Hello folks. Long time no see. How are you all? Safe I suppose.
Another chapter up.
Tell me how you liked it!!