Chapter 3

As soon as I had woken up I knew that I wasn't in my room.  I remembered the events from the previous night and quickly got up.

I looked around to see if there was anyone with me, but there wasn't. It looked like I was in an apartment though. The morning light was streaming through the window, illuminating the room that I was in. It was  and definitely looked as if it belonged to a guy. Clothes were strewn all over the floor. Posters of bands I didn't know were hung on the walls.

I walked towards to window and saw that the streets were already filling up with people.

I looked at the time.

7:37

Oh crap.

I was so going to be late to class because it started at 8:30.

I had about less than an hour to get home and get ready.

Why did I decided to take a class so early in the morning?

I rushed to get dressed and get my things.

I opened the door and peeked outside, into the living area. I heard the sound of water running from where I imagined the bathroom, and assumed that someone was in the shower. I hoped that it was my mystery guy so I could just sneak away without having to see him. I did not want to talk to him.

I felt really awful. And I knew that it's because I acted like an idiot the night before. I honestly don't know what I was thinking. I knew that I needed to be more responsible and not lose control of myself.

I walked out of the building and looked around me to see where I was. It seemed that I was pretty far from my home. If I have ran using my werewolf speed, I bet that I could get to my apartment in like no time. A perk of being a supernatural creature.  But I couldn't do that, with so many people here, so I called a taxi instead.

.....................

Kacey and Sam were both already there, waiting for me. I could here them from the hallway and it sounded like they were arguing. Sam thought that they should go out to look for me and call the police, while Kacey was saying that they should wait a little longer.

"She's alone in a city she's never lived in! What if something happened to her?" I heard Sam say sounding anxious.

I felt bad about worrying them.

I unlocked the door and walked in. Both girls were in the living room and had turned to stare at me as I walked in.

Kacey was the first to speak.

"Well, well, well. Where have you been all night?"

Kacey looked as tired as I felt. Sammy however somehow looked completely unaffected by last nights excursion. I had no idea how that was possible, I know she stayed up just as late as us. Even though I felt terrible I was pretty sure that didn't look it, there where no bruises under my eyes. The only evidence of my night out was how awful I felt.

I blushed.

"I don't know. I honestly don't really remember much of last night, after you two disappeared. I woke up in some guy's apartment and just left"

Sam also chimed in.

"It sure seemed like you were having fun last night, when we went to check up on you. You found us before you left with the guy and said you'd be home later. We just didn't expect for you to be missing the whole night. You had us worried this morning though, when we couldn't find you, we thought maybe you got kidnapped or something."

Kacey gave her a sharp look.

"Sam was being the worrywart I thought you'd be fine. We're glad you're back though."

Kacey continued,"Hey, you hungry? We were going to get breakfast."

"Umm thanks, but I can't. I need to get ready anyways or I'll be late to class."

I quickly took a shower and got dressed.

I decided that I wasn't going to think about the night before anymore, and that I was just going to move on. I was going to be busy today and I needed to focus. I carried on with my day business as usual.

When my las class of the day was over I noticed a girl had dropped her bag and all her stuff had come out spread out on the floor. Since I hadn't really talked to anyone yet I thought this was the perfect opportunity to make a friend. She was frantically picking up papers on the floor and stuffing them into her bag. I bent down to help her and handed her, her things.

She looked at me and gave me a grateful smile.

She pushed up her glasses, which had slipped down her face from when she was picking things up and said, "Thank you, I didn't expect anyone to help. I'm always dropping things or knocking things over. Oh, I'm Laurie by the way."

She had dark hair that was in a messy bun.

"You're welcome, I saw that you needed a hand and thought I could help. I'm Rhea."

We started walking out of the classroom and she turned to look at me. She asked,"Do you have another class right now?"

I responded"No, I'm done. I was just going to home and chill for a bit before I go to work."

"Do you live on campus?"

"No, I live in an apartment nearby though."

"Oh, do you want to hang out for bit. How do you feel about going for coffee?"

I smiled excitedly, "Yeah, I'm in."

It seemed I made my first friend.

We went out for drinks and I learned that she lived on campus and was undecided. She's lived in New York and she seemed like she was really nice. She had a boyfriend who she's been dating for the past two years. I'd told her that I was from California and that I left to get away from my controlling family.

We made plans to meet up next week, and hangout. Somehow I knew that we were going to be really good friends.

I went to to get ready to go to work, I couldn't be late on the first day of the job.

I got the the cafe and and I saw Alonso inside behind the counter.
He saw me and said, "Hey. I'm so glad you're here. Here's and apron for you to put on on. Lola is going to be training you on how to use the equipment and how to make the drinks. I'll be here if you need anything, alright? So let's get to work."

The cafe, was extremely busy so she taught me to us the cash register first and I could help take some orders.

I stood behind one of the registers and waited for a customer.
I took in a deep breathe and put on smile.

A girl who looked to be in her late thirties approached me.

I asked, "Hello, what can I get you?"
.......................

I was exhausted coming home, I knew working in cafe would be hard, I just didn't know how much.

No one was at the apartment when I got there and I could finally relax. Sammy and Kacey had gone out again and I imagined they weren't going to be back for a while. I decided that since no one was home, I would shift into my wolf. I hadn't shifted in weeks and I was beginning to feel a little restless.

I went into my bedroom and closed my began the process. I just imagined myself as a wolf. It was really painless. It was a bit like having my entire body go numb. And when I was was completely wolf, I felt pins and needles all over my body.

As I adjusted, I stretched out on my bed and I walked around. There wasn't really much room to do anything, but it was enough to change forms. It really just felt good to be a wolf. It was relieving, like scratching an itch that you didn't know you had because you just got used to having it.

I was going to have to do this more often. Though I was going to have to look for somewhere outside to be able to shift, so I could have a little more freedom. I didn't really know the area all that well though.

I guess it would have to be something for the another day.