Chapter 2: Revenge?

I stood at the front of the town hall with my head down. I pondered at what I would say to the people that knew me as someone completely different. I wasn't the sheltered fourteen year old boy I use to be.
"Well, as you can tell we are in quite a circumstance from what we use to be. Most of you remember Pause when he came to Mindcrack from KC. We sheltered and protected him. The only people that really knew the truth about Pause were me and the people sent out on the expedition that day. If I could have Etho, Beef, Jsano, Chad, and Z come forward please." The regiment stepped forward and saluted Guude. I was familiar with the old regiments salutes and I'm surprised they still remembered them. "You five brought Pause and many other familiars out of KC and into the safety of Mindcrack. I can't thank you enough for risking your lives to save those people. I also want to thank you for bringing Pause out of a place that would have hurt his personality and powers more then we could even imagine." Guude gave them a nod and they walked behind Guude and sat in the seats next to me. "Mindcrackers, you know the old Pause, but I want you to meet the real Pause that we had kept sheltered and hidden away for so long. Pause please step forward." I step forward. I lifted my head and scanned the crowd of quivering, curious Mindcrackers who all wondered what I truly am and was. "The stage is yours, Pause." Guude said shifting back to the chairs behind the stand. "Hello fellow Mindcrackers, most of you remember and know me as the innocent sheltered fourteen year old boy I used to be. Now, I stand before you a different person, a person with knowledge of who I am and what I am. most of you won't understand, alas even I do not understand. I do know that I have a feeling that I was sent here and belong here for a reason. A reason that is unknown to me. To the five who brought me out of the town that day, I cannot thank you enough. Then Etho, I now know who you are and all that you have done for me. I want to thank you for that. You have done what you thought was right and I can't blame you for anything, all of you just wanted to protect me. Mindcrackers, you know who I am now. I am someone with powers ofthe shadows and of darkness. Do not fear me, you have lived with people like me for many decades because you have made a safe haven here for people like me." Pause faced the window that had been smashed and smeared with blood. "No mind here can understand what's happening, but we are a family and families stick together. So, where are you my friend? My brother?" I knew no one understood me until they saw it. A shadow stretched across the room and a figure made of shadows formed next to me. "Mindcrackers, you know and love him, meet my German friend, Docm." The figure became solid and stood before the crowd a new Docm, thee Docm. Genny was flabbergasted. Bdubs shocked. Nebris was fearful. "Eh, Hello guys! It's Docm! Come on now don't be afraid! You were listening to Pause right?" The crowd was shocked. He spoke, he moved, he was alive. "People, realize that we are who we are, and that you are who you are and nothing can change that. Now is the time that we need each other most." Then from behind the crowd a girl was heard screaming out. I drew my sword and ran past the crowd and out of the town hall. There I saw a young girl sprawled out along the dusty road. I stumbled backwards and became lightheaded. I knew who she was.... What am I doing! I need to help her! People rushed out and surrounded me and the girl. They stared intently as I picked her up and felt for a pulse. Tears welled up in my eyes and spilled over on to my face. "What is it, Pause?" Guude said breaking free of the crowd. I was able to push out only one word. "Jordan....." My face was wet with tears, my mouth was dry, and my body felt weak. Beef now broke out away from the crowd and hugged me. "She didn't deserve this, Pause. Believe me. She didn't deserve to die so young." Beef put an arm around my shoulder and consoled me. "Who is she?" Vechs questioned. "My sister.... She's my sister...." Just then, shadows consumed me. They brought me to a whole other world. A place of darkness and light. "Omni!" A female voice cried out. I spun are around and saw her standing there. My beautiful sister was standing there. "Omni, I tried to make it to you. It was hard though for years those spirits consumed me. The shadows haunted me. You've set me free!" She hugged me and smiled. "Believe me that you will see me another time, I'm always with you, Pause." Then she faded away and I felt myself return to the real world. My body was limp and supporting me was Beef and Guude. "Pause! Pause! Pause! Oh my god, Pause come on!" Guude said shaking me slightly. I realized that I am real, that I am here in the ground and not in some fantasy world. "There's something....." I said quietly. "What? Pause? What are you saying?" Beef asked me. "There's something out there.... And it wants revenge."