Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Harmony is sitting on her couch with a big white shirt that reaches her knees with shorts under and with her hair in braids under a silk cap watching the season finale of Sons of Anarchy on TV with a wine glass half full with sangria. Looking over at the kitchen she notices the take out box that has the salad wondering if she should eat it or not but she feels like getting something else. While contemplating she hears the doorbell wondering who it might be but she doesn't know since Nate or Jade will call her before they come over. Slowly getting up and putting her glass on the coffee table she slowly unfolds legs under her and walks to the door looking into peephole. Seeing Logan at her door she opens the door were only her face can fit.

“What are you doing here?” she whispers looking at him.

He smiles and says, “I brought dinner I have sushi, beer and gummy bears I heard it's your favorite minus the beer.”

Narrowing her eyes at him she looks at him up and down noticing his attire. He’s wearing a white V-neck shirt that clung to him like a second skin and if he breathe too fast it would rip to shreds. The white of the shirt brought out the different colors of his tattoos on his arms. Thigh hugging jeans shows his tree trunks that he call thighs, how could she have missed those bad boys the two times she has seen him face to face, she has no idea. A gust of wind blew lightly outside, the smell that assaulted Harmony’s nose made her close her eyes in bliss he smells that he came out of an Axe factory. Opening her eyes she looks at him noticing that the wind is blowing his hair making him look like Fabio on a romance book cover, he’s smiling at her causing a dimple in right cheek to show. There are two reasons she was contemplating to let him in 1 he has sushi and gummy bears and 2 he smells divine. One of her many weakness to men beside intelligence is the way they smell. If a guy can make the effort to dress well and smell good it's almost a guarantee that he can get a date from her. Just when she was about to open the door to let him in what he says brings her back to reality.

“Is Rex here and you don’t want to send the wrong message,” like he can hear his name he comes running from where he was hiding under Hunter’s bed, his nails making a lot of noise on the wood floor. Logan cocks his head to side with a raised eyebrow, “I thought Rex was a guy you were seeing and you didn’t want Jade to know about him, can you believe my surprise when she said it’s your loveable gentle giant family dog. So I went to the pet store and bought him a big bone with some meat still attached to it.”

Rex manages to get in between the tight space of the door and wall and start sniffing the bag on the left of Logan wagging his tail in his excitement that he’s getting a treat once again from a visitor and is oblivious to the tension between his owner and the new man standing on the porch. Grabbing a chunk of fabric in his mouth Rex drags or attempts to drag Logan inside the house to get his treat and Harmony has no option but to let them in, Logan smiles at her as he passes.

Taking in her living room from what he can see since the only lights are coming from the TV and kitchen, a beige couch with a matching sofa and loveseat with decorative throw pillows, dark cherry wood coffee table with a vase of fake flowers in the middle on top of a multicolored rug that matched the different throw pillows, an entertainment center matching the coffee table with movies on the left side and games on the right side with a PS4 and Wii console under a 72 inch flat screen TV. To the left was a hallway that led to the bedrooms and bathroom and straight ahead is the kitchen/dining room. On the walls a many pictures of a little in different stages from newborn to 4 to 5 years old. The house smelled of vanilla and lavender.

He left another tug on his jeans looking down he notices Rex sitting on his hind legs and tilts his head to the side. No action from Logan and he barks to get his point across for his treat. Taking the bone out the bag he puts it in Rex’s mouth, as soon as the bone is in his mouth Rex made his way to the doggie door to go bury his treasure in the backyard.