Chapter One: Stefan's Back

Caroline's POV
The words pounded in my head. Stefan's back. The last time I saw him was about a month ago. After Damon and Bonnie died he fled Mystic Falls and didn't even bother to say goodbye. To any of us. Elena had any good memories she had of Damon compelled away by Alaric. And in the meantime Matt, Jeremy, and Tyler are in Mystic Falls where vampires can't enter because of the travelers curse. I was all alone. Or at least that's how I felt. I missed Stefan so damn much. It hurt like hell when he left. It's like I wasn't even that important to him. I just didn't get it.
I was happy that he was back, but I also can't help but be pissed at him for leaving me to grieve alone. I went weeks without laughing or going out. But I knew I had to keep going. I had to make sure everyone held it together. After all, I'm Caroline Forbes, that's what I do. But I'm still in so much pain. I let it all build up inside me. I was angry at Stefan. It's like a mix of emotions. I don't know how to feel about him.
______________________
Stefan's POV
I'm excited to be home. Hopefully everything can go back to the way it was before. I do have a reason for coming back, I think I may have found a way to bring Bonnie and Damon back. Plus, I have to admit, I missed my friends. They're like my family.
I miss hanging out with Matt, Jeremy, and Tyler. I miss helping Elena study for her finals, and I miss... Caroline. God I miss Caroline. I miss laughing with her, talking to her, seeing her smile. I even miss shopping for dresses with her. Me helping Caroline shop for dresses? I know, it sounds ridiculous. But she's my best friend. We did practically everything together. I can't wait to see her again.
_______________________
Elena's POV
"Stefan?" I feel a smile come across my face and I ran up to hug him. Wow it felt good to have him back again. "Hey Elena." he replied. His voice faded but he smiled back at me. He seemed to have his mind on something else. We pulled out of the hug, I still had a smile on my face. "I'm so glad you're back. Everyone's going to be so happy to see you!" I pulled my phone out of my back pocket and started to dial Matt's number, since I already told Care. "I'm going to go call the others. See you tonight"? "Yeah sure, of course." His eyes wandered around like he was examining the world around him.
_______________________
Stefan's POV
Caroline. That's all that was on my mind at the moment. What was I going to say to caroline? Should I call her? Should I just show up at her dorm room? I played the scenario over and over in my mind.
_______________________
Caroline's POV
I looked at my phone. It was 1:13. My next class started at 1:30. I decided to leave early so I grabbed my pens, notebook and my keys and left my dorm. It was like rush hour on campus. My head was spinning I had so many thoughts stirring through my mind.
I wasn't focused on walking and tripped on the stairs. My purse flew across the room and everything fell out. "Shit." I mumbled to myself. I felt embarrassed and my cheeks turned red. I rushed down the stairs and started to gather up my things off of the floor to throw them back into my purse. "Wow, Caroline Forbes tripping in heels? I thought you said no one is better at walking in them than you?" a familiar voice said jokingly. I looked up. "St-Stefan"? I was confused. "I'm back".