𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐨.

— 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐥𝐲𝐧, 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐏𝐨𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐌𝐢𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐞𝐥, 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞𝐝.

Evie awoke in a cold sweat, gasping and quickly sitting up. She peered around the strange room, frightened, before realising she was in Birmingham with her biological mother, that her parents that weren't really her parents, were dead.

Evie's eyebrows knotted together sadly, before reaching down for her unpacked suitcase by the side of the bed and pulling her parent's picture frame out. She carefully placed it on the bedside table, and stared at it.

After a while, Evie got herself up and opened the curtains, surprised to see the morning sunshine. Evie yawned and wiped at her face, before getting herself ready for the day, wearing a bleak, blue dress and combing her brown hair.

Evie took a deep breath in, preparing for the emotionally-tiring day ahead of her, before opening her door and finding her way downstairs.

She unthinkingly made her way to the doorway of the sitting room, and as she stopped in the door frame multiple eyes made their way over to her, and all conversation stopped.

There was Polly, Tommy and Arthur, two ladies with brown hair, and two men.

"Oh," Evie began, unsure as to whether she had interrupted something she shouldn't have, and made to back away.

"No, it's alright, come here, Evie," Polly soothed, and beckoned Evie over. Evie hesitantly made her way over to her— her mother, aware that everyone was watching her, one man especially.

"Everyone, this is my daughter, Evie," Polly announced, almost proudly, as she held Evie by the shoulders. Evie carefully glanced around the room.

"Evie," The man who had been staring intently stepped forward, and she was made aware of how similar they looked.

"I'm Micheal, your brother," Micheal said gently, as he stared at his littlest sister, her doe eyes peering up at him. He wanted to hug her, his childhood memories remembering his tiny baby of a sister before they were separated, however he was worried he'd frighten her, or make her uncomfortable; so he settled for holding his hand out for a shake.

"Evelyn Stones," Evie started as she carefully grasped his hand, her eyes snapping to Tommy when he made a sound of displeasure. Her hand slipped from Micheal's.

"Tommy, don't," Polly began angrily. So what if the daughter who'd just met her hadn't adjusted to the family name? She was young and dumbfounded, she needed time to settle in.

Tommy stood up, ignoring Polly and walking to be in front of the child, "Evelyn Gray," He corrected, blankly.

Evie just stared up at Tommy, not willing to repeat after him. She knew her name, be it her old one or new one, it wasn't her fault that she'd introduced herself with the name she'd had since birth.

Before anything else could happen, one of the brown haired women butted in front of Tommy, "I'm Ada, another cousin," And she finished with a small smile, hand out. Evie took her hand and shook it softly.

She was introduced to the other two, John and Esme, husband and wife. They both seemed nice enough, nice than Tommy, anyway. And of course, there was another brother, Finn.

After everyone had been introduced, they left to do something, their jobs, maybe? It left only herself, Polly and Michael.

"I asked your brother here to give you a tour of Small Heath," Polly said, turning to Evie, although her gaze almost never left her.