Chapter 33 - Christian

While I'd hoped to stay in Montana longer, the break we'd had was still enjoyable. I was actually looking forward to returning in the summer for a longer stay. When we landed, I was unsurprised to see Taylor waiting for us on the tarmac. Saying goodbye to my family, I carried our luggage to the waiting SUV.

"Pleasant trip, sir?" Taylor asked with a small smirk.

"Can't complain," I replied. I chatted with Ana during the short drive back to Escala. When we reached the apartment, the scent of a delicious meal greeted us, and we found Gail in the kitchen.

"Mrs. Jones? We weren't expecting you."

"Traveling is tiring. Besides, with Jason working all weekend..."

Yes. I'd promised them time off, then all this happened. I'd have to make that up to them.

"That's so thoughtful of you, Gail. Thank you," Ana said, putting her handbag down on the counter. "Can I get you a glass of wine, baby?" she asked me.

"I'd love one, thank you," I said, gesturing for Taylor to follow me through to my office.

"Where are we at?" I asked once the office door was closed. Usually, Taylor remained standing when he gave me his updates. That he sat, this time, hinted his report would be lengthy.

"We have identified the two other underaged men Mrs. Lincoln assaulted. One was before you, the other after. The first moved interstate with his family as a teenager and does not seem in any way connected with Lincoln or the BDSM lifestyle. The younger man was in and out of foster homes and is currently incarcerated for breaking and entering and assault. I have prepared a dossier on each for you."

"Excellent. And Elena?"

"Has had difficulty finding a lawyer," Taylor replied, knowing full well what I'd tasked my legal department to do. "The word is she's found some recent graduate to represent her. Her hearing is scheduled for tomorrow, but the DA will oppose bail—too much of a flight risk."

A knock on the door interrupted us, and Anastasia came in with a glass of white wine. "Gail said dinner will be in twenty minutes," my angel declared.

"Thank you, baby. I'll be out then." As much as possible, I wanted to keep Anastasia out of this. I'd tell her the basics, but I didn't want her involved in the minutiae. Closing the office doors behind her, I went back to talking with Taylor.

"Has she made any attempt to make contact?"

"Not yet, but I expect she will after her hearing. The DA and FBI will outline their case, including the fact that the GEH audit shows embezzlement and fraud. I'm certain she will try to get in touch then."

I nodded. I agreed with Taylor's assessment. The second Elena knew I'd played any part in this, she wouldn't be able to help herself. "And Van Ryn?"

"The FBI isn't saying much, other than they're getting as much information as they can to shut the whole operation down. They mentioned he doesn't know Ms. Steele's name, and while she was his next mark, with him detained, she's no longer at any risk." I'd assumed as much, but it was still good to hear it said. We spent the next few minutes going over security protocols for Ana now she was officially 'my girl.' Sawyer and Gamboa would alternate as her primary CPOs while Mia was in rehab. After that, Ryan or Reynolds would pitch in to replace Mia's CPO.

"We might need to look at adding a female CPO to the team," I mused, thinking of Ana in fitting rooms out shopping, or needing to use a public restroom. I wanted someone close to her at all times.

"I'll look into that, sir. Also, we've had some progress on Hyde from Random House. Turns out he's been sexually harassing his assistants. That's why they leave."