17| Scared

Chapter 17: Scared (Brielle's POV)

The gates opened and he drove right through, slowing down to a stop where he parked the car before turning it off. We both just sat in silence in the car, not knowing what to say. I managed to stop crying fairly quickly, which I can't tell if it's a good thing or not. 

"Come on," he sighed before stepping out and walking over to my side, opening the door for me. 

I climbed out, feeling my body aching. I grabbed two suitcases, he grabbed two and we wheeled them with us inside. 

When we reached the staircase, he grabbed my arm and took the suitcases away. "I'll come and get them, just... go to my room," he mumbled. I didn't argue with him for once in my life and quietly went upstairs. He was right behind me with two suitcases. He left them in the corner of his room while I sat on the foot of his bed and then made a second trip to get the other two. He came back and left them with the others, sighing as he closed the door. He stood in front of me and I looked everywhere but at him. The floor is actually very interesting right about now. "Do you want to tell me what happened?" 

"I did tell you," I mumbled. "He walked into my room and figured it out. Everything was packed up and he found the suitcases under my bed." 

"That's not what I meant. I'm asking what he did after that." 

"You saw what he did." 

"I saw less than half of what he did. Your house was a mess when I got there. Broken glass everywhere, vases and tables were knocked over too. What the hell happened?" 

"He was already pretty drunk," I said, still staring only at the floor. "He gets angrier faster like that. He grabbed me and took me downstairs where he started yelling at me, asking what the hell I was doing and if I was lying to him. So I said... I said I didn't lie to him and it wasn't my fault that he didn't realize I was packing," I huffed, closing my eyes. 

"He didn't have to ask what I was packing for so he... he slapped me. Then he pushed me and I hit a vase and knocked it over by accident which only pissed him off more. And then he grabbed the glass he was drinking from and the bottle and threw both of them at me but they hit the wall and the glass was all over the floor." I let out a shaky breath. "Then I tried running up to my room and locking it but he managed to break the lock. Or jam it, I'm not too sure. Then he dragged me back downstairs and slapped me again. A few times, I think. And then I started crying," I sniffled. 

"And that made him angrier so he pushed me to the stairs and I think I hit my head, I don't know. It's all a little blurry after that. The only thing I remember after that is calling you. I don't know what he did in between and how much I'm forgetting." I blinked a few times, really trying my hardest not to cry even though my throat was aching from the lump and so was my chest. 

I heard him sigh loudly while pinching the bridge of his nose before his arms dropped to his sides. "There's a first aid kit under my sink. I think you should clean up any wounds first," he said. 

I stood up and went into his bathroom, still replaying everything in my head. I crouched down and grabbed the first aid kit, opening it and putting it on the counter before washing my hands. I grabbed some alcohol wipes from the kit and took it out before finally looking in the mirror. 

I think I did hit my head since it's a little bruised near my right temple. There wasn't any wound or open cut but I still cleaned it. My left cheekbone was most definitely red and a little bruised with some swelling so I wiped that, wincing when I touched it, and then I turned to my lip. God damn it, it will sting. 

"Don't use that on your lip." I looked in the mirror and saw him walking in. He took the wipe out of my hand and tossed it in the trash before grabbing some petroleum jelly. He washed his hands, drying them quickly before opening it and dipping his pinky finger into it. "C'mere."