[3]

Chapter Three -

My eyes fluttered open, but were automatically blinded by the bright light taking over my room. I'm guessing I forgot to close my curtains last night, well, early hours of this morning when I dragged myself back into my pit, also known as my bed. I don't know how I managed to shut my window, but not remember to bother with shutting my curtains.

Once my eyes had finally readjusted to the lighting, I rolled over, causing me to end up lying on my stomach, face partly squashed and my arm underneath one of the many pillows. I groaned as I could hear my phone buzzing slightly on the floor from where I had left it in the back pocket of my jeans and completely forgotten about the thing.

Mornings were not my friend, never have been and never will be. I let out a loud, obnoxious and completely unflattering yawn and began stretching my limbs, allowing them to crack me like a glow stick.

Shuffling out from under the warmth of my duvet, I jumped out of bed and walked over to my drawers. As I crouched down, I now noticed my thighs had suddenly grown to twice their original size and could be compared to two tree trunks that had grown too close together. My mind flickers back to the days where I used to train day in and day out, since the idea of them brushing together whenever I walked made me far too self conscious.

Ignoring my now tree trunk thighs, I yanked open the drawer to see a few piles of clothing separated within it. Pulling out a black top I shoved it over my head, sliding it on finally covering over my now cold body. Standing up I realised that the top I had chosen reached down to my mid thigh, so at least I could disregard the baggy shorts I put on before falling asleep.

I walked over to my jeans that were stranded on the floor from the night before and yanked my phone out of the back pocket. As I returned to my bed, I perched on the end now looking through the notifications.

11:34am - Missed call from Miles (3)

11:47am - Text Message from Miles (4)

Miles seemed to want my attention this morning, I slid my thumb across the screen and unlocked my phone, checking the messages he had sent me within the time I've been dead to the world.

11:36am - Miles : I don't know whether you're not picking up, because of earlier or not, but I'm here for you x

11:40am - Miles : You alive?

11:43am - Miles : Do you want me to come over?

11:47am - Miles : Jake's having a party tonight, we're going, no if's and no buts. I'll be over in an hour make sure you're fresh x

I laughed quietly to myself, within 20 minutes of trying to call and text me, he realised he couldn't be bothered to wait. Maybe I could convince him to cook some food when he came over, just as a bribe for me to actually go to this party.

Knowing Jake he was probably only throwing it, because it was the last night he has to throw a house party before his parents return from their holiday somewhere in Greece. They left nearly two weeks ago and left him at home to be responsible, which was a rookie mistake, since the words Jake and responsible do not belong in the same sentence.

Message to - Miles : You're making fried egg sandwiches as soon as you get here x

A response couldn't have come quick enough through my phone.

11:57am - Miles : I know you can't resist my cooking, scrap waiting that long for food... I'll be right over, see you in 5 x

Rolling my eyes, I laughed quietly to myself as I tossed my phone towards my pillows. Miles learnt his cooking skills from his father who was a chef, the food they were able to make was amazing and the reason as to why I could never refuse the offer to join them for dinner.