This Couldn't Get Any Better

“You know what’s even prettier than those stars?” Callum asked with a mouthful of fries.
“Nope.”
“You”
“Why are you so corny?”
“It’s my greatest talent.”
We ate and watched the stars just sit there twinkling in the sky, we were on a really high mountain looking down at the big city, the car lights, lights in the buildings and on the roads were beautiful too, everything surrounding me was just so beautiful. Time flew by so fast it was now 2:24AM.
“Oh crap! The time” I say jumping out of my skin.
“C’mon”
We raced to his car laughing and smiling and we drove off. As we reached my house I could see one of the lights were on, someone was still awake. I opened the door and let Callum in.
“Mum? Dad?” I called.
“Honey! Don’t come in the kitchen, I beg you, don’t!” Mum called back.
My heart was pounding, her voice was trembling and she was panicking, I can’t just stand here, I have to help her! I walked in and…
Dad…
I fell to floor crying with my hands over my face.
He was… He is… My dad was lying there with his eyes open staring at the ceiling; he was really pale, not breathing. Callum sat by my side holding me into his chest, comforting me, we all sat there in silence, mum and I crying, Callum just staring at the body.
Mum finally had the power to get up and call emergency, she was shaking, stuttering, she was very pale too.
“Daisy… I… I, I think it’s best you stay in your room” mum demanded trying to get the words out.
Callum tried to help me up but I felt like all my bones just turned to jelly, I felt weak, hopeless, and awful, I didn’t know what to do. I tried to get up but I just couldn’t, I didn’t have the energy. Callum put one arm under my knees and the other around my back lifting me up, he found his way to my room and put me into my bed, Callum climbed into my bed too pulling the covers over us, I continued crying. He started to say things to me.
“You’re beautiful” still crying.
“You’re caring” still crying.
“You’re very god damn competitive” still crying.
“You’re cute” still crying.
“You’re hilarious” still crying.
“I won’t give you sympathy” Still crying.
“But I will help you” still crying.
“I will comfort you” still crying.
“I will be with you all the time” still crying.
“I will love you” still- wait… what?
I looked at him, tears still rolling down my cheeks.
“I love you, Daisy. I know it’s a bad time to tell you but I love you.”
I was stunned, wordless, I didn’t what to say, I love you too.