Atwood Academy

Ashley trudges into her English class, clad in her school uniform just like everyone else except without the red and blue striped tie, already dreading it. Dreading Mr. Hawthorne's boring lesson about whatever and getting in trouble for not paying attention. It's the first day of her senior year and she's already gotten into trouble three times in previous classes. It's not that she hates school, she is good at it without having to try; it's her dislike for the teachers, not being able to sit still for very long, and not being able to express her opinion freely that drives her crazy. Oh and her, Madison Duarte, the girl that attempts to make her life a living hell. She scowls at Madison, who glares back, as she takes a seat in the middle of the classroom in front of her good friend, Chelsea.

"So what are the odds that the pervert got a new wardrobe this year?"

Chelsea laughs, "Slim. Too busy making inappropriate comments to underage girls to notice that his wardrobe is creepy, much like him, and out of style."

Ashley snickers at this and then immediately squirms in her seat, "Gross, I hope he doesn't make some lame attempt to yell at me to get me to stay after class again. I've already gotten in trouble three times today. They just don't appreciate my positive feedback, you know?"

Chelsea's eyebrows raise, "Positive? Ashley, telling Ms. Reynolds she shouldn't have cut her hair because she reminds you of Jack Black with shaggy hair when she asked about it is not positive."

Ashley's mouth drops open in shock, "It was too! Now she knows for next time! I was helping her out in the long run really. I mean think about it..."

She trails off as she notices Chelsea's attention is no longer focused on her, but rather the door. Ashley turns to look also, and sees a young, gorgeous blonde walk in. She is wearing a blue pencil skirt, a white collared button up tucked into the skirt, and a pair of red heels with a red beaded necklace to match. Ashley just watches her with a smirk on her face, but it disappears as soon as the girl begins to right her name on the board. Once she is done, she turns towards the class and smiles, walking in front of her desk and against it. Ashley stares at her legs for a bit before letting her eyes roam up the rest of her body. She turns and smirks at Chelsea, who only rolls her eyes.

"Morning class, my name is Miss Carlin; I'll be taking Mr. Hawthorne's place for the year."

"You're a teacher? You don't look old enough to be one; you look as old as us...kind of."

"Well luckily for you guys, I am just old enough to do so. And who are you?"

"Ashley, Ashley Davies. How old are you? And where are you from that you have that accent?"

"Nice to meet you Miss Davies," she holds eye contact for a second with her smile never faltering and then looks to the rest of the class continuing on ignoring the girls questions. "So seeing how I'm stuck with all of you for a year and you are lucky enough to have me grace you with my presence, we should get to know each other. Everyone move their desks to form a circle." She smiles and waits for everyone to do so, but no one moves. They're all looking around at each other hesitantly, a bit thrown off by her. "Come on don't be shy, I don't like rows very much... they seem too impersonal, I want everyone to be able to see everyone."

Chelsea is the first to get up and start moving her desk. Everyone else then quickly follows until the desks form a large circle. Miss Carlin takes a seat in between two students and is directly across from Chelsea, who is sitting next to Ashley.

"Good that is much better; this is how the desks will stay for the year unless we're working in groups. There will be no assigned seating because honestly, it's a waste of my time to make a chart up." She smiles at everyone's shocked expressions before continuing on. "Now I know all the other teachers have their own way of doing things, but in here we will do them my way. So, let's get to know each other. I'll start. My name is Spencer Carlin, but ya'll have to call me Miss Carlin because of some rule that annoys me. I am 22 years old and just graduated from Dartmouth with a double major in English and French, with dual teaching certificates. Boring, I know. I grew up in the south, Texas to be exact, hence the accent Miss Davies." Ashley only smiles at this, happy her questions are finally being answered because she doesn't respond well to people ignoring her. "What else? My parents live in Texas still, but I needed to get away, which is why I'm here in Connecticut with all you lovely people. I have one brother, Glen, who is currently playing basketball for the Suns in Phoenix. Let's see... I love to run, I love to read, I'm addicted to coffee, and I love children and all animals. And also, I have a problem with rambling and a very short attention span, so try to keep up!" She looks around the room once again, her smile still in place.