They defend/protect you

TW: Cursing, blood, slight degrading and slight angst.

⛓Kurapika⛓

Nervously toying with the long string of pearls hanging from your neck, the sound of your heartbeat deafens your ears, drowning out all passing voices. Your father and Kurapika were both busy attending to business matters, thus, leaving you unaccompanied in the middle of Don Vitelli's opulent gala. The last time this happened, Don Vitelli's ignoramus son (Fernando) attempted to grope you, leading to a very violent outburst from both your father and your boyfriend. Shuddering at the unpleasant memory, a rough hand lightly squeezes the top of your right shoulder. 

"Ms. (L/N)! Lovely seeing you again." Don Vitelli remarks, as you turn around. "You look absolutely phenomenal as usual. Care for a drink?"

"It's wonderful seeing you too Mr. Vitelli. I am okay for right now thank you." You offer him a warm smile.

"If you need anything, just ask okay? I'll have it to you immediately!"

"Thank you, that is very kind of you."

"Are you here by yourself? If you need someone to keep you company, I believe Ms. Neon is somewhere around. I can have one of my guards help you find her."

Better than being alone I suppose. 

"Sure, that be great! Thank you."

"My pleasure."  He waves over the stoic brunette guard closest to the door. "Please escort Ms. (L/N) to wherever Ms. Neon may be."

"Yes sir."

"I will see you around Ms.(L/N)! Enjoy the gala."

"Thank you Mr. Vitelli." 

Following the tall brunette guard through the tightly packed crowd, a high-pitched voice pierces your ears, encouraging a wide smile to spread across your face. Found her.

"Ms. Neon." The guard bows his head. 

"Ahhh!! (Y/N)!" Neon screams, before throwing her pale arms around your neck. "I missed you so so so sooo much!"

"Hey Neon." You reply, trying not to fall over. "It's been a while, huh?"

"Yeeess! I'm so happy you're here! I was so afraid I would be alone tonight. Let's do something fun!" She squeals, letting go of you.

"Sure! I'm dying for a good distraction." 

Suddenly, a haunting voice slithers it's way up your neck, darkening your vision. "What a delicious treat seeing you here. I still think about you, you know..."

No. Fucking. Way.

Digging your nails deep into the palms of your hands, you whip your head around, flaring your aura. 

"Still haven't learned your lesson?" You spit.

"Come on doll, don't be like that. Besides, your father and little boy-toy aren't here to defend you. I can do whatever I please, seeing as this is my  house." Fernando gestures around.

"You mean daddy's house, you pathetic scum."

"So feisty." He licks his thin lips. "I love it."

"(Y/N)? Are you okay?" Neon lightly grabs your arm.

"Yeah. Give me a second okay?"

She nervously nods her head.

"Oooh, is this your little friend? Maybe I'll have her too. The more the merrier."